Last 10 Dove Openers

John,

Welcome to SCH....IV is your best bet with Imperial Wildlife Area both Wister and Finney Ramer Units having lots of birds (steel shot required here)….There's also the DFW Heritage fields that are located near Wister (lead OK)….There a lot of birds here, but the trade off will be the crowds.....Invest in a dove spinner and hunt the edges.

Even though Plaster City is an inside joke, there are doves near by in places like Seely,....Calexico, Brawley, Niland, Calipatria, Westmoreland are all towns that can have doves on the outer edges....You will have to scout some, because fields change within days....On the east side of the valley, the Highline Canal can have birds anywhere along it....Again, it will depend on wheat or seed fields near by.

The general rule in the IV is...if it's not posted, you can hunt it....Two rules that can be enforced is the 50 yd rule from a named county road and the 150 yd rule from any occupied bldg., out bldg., or barn.

Hope this helps some and thank you for your service.

Attachments

• Final 2015-16 UPLAND GAME FIELDS COLOR (1).pdf
    452 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: longbowhunter2
Last year was my first dove season and I got birds but no pics. I'll fix that this year. Thanks for sharing all of your photos, all I saw was good families and smiles. It not just about the birds at all. Well done Steve.

Thank you for the info and update. Just getting outside of the house is a blessing.
I will likely sleep on the naval base out there overnight to make the long drive easier. Not sure what to think about crowds, back in the day, crowds were three groups of people in an area. From what I hear there are dozens if not more on a plot of land.
I wish everyone the best of luck.

Thank you for the info and update. Just getting outside of the house is a blessing.
I will likely sleep on the naval base out there overnight to make the long drive easier. Not sure what to think about crowds, back in the day, crowds were three groups of people in an area. From what I hear there are dozens if not more on a plot of land.
I wish everyone the best of luck.
NUTS TO BUTTS, but have fun

Reactions: SurfNHuntSD
So a few years back there was some talk of folks meeting up at the Golden Corral after the morning hunt (but never happened). Any interest of trying that this year? I know most lunch spots like that don't open til 10am ish... and I know @ilovesprig will be done hunting by 7am but I might need til 10 at least lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Found another good one
47b777392971d3e84d55d4925ad67f67.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: JohnF
The boys love the chocolate fountain and soft serve at Golden Coral. Definitely had my fare share of meals down there.
Also can’t beat the Golden Acorn prime rib.

Great first day. Limit by 0755. Golden Corral was early for me. Missed everyone. Hope it was a safe and plentiful opening day for all. Staying at NAF El Centro if anyone is up for dinner. Txt me. 619 742 7624

Reactions: longbowhunter2

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu