Last Day Doves......12-26-16

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Got a call from Tyler yesterday asking me if I wanted to hit the IV for the last day of dove season......Sure......Still damn muddy & wet, but after making a number of moves, we finally got the right field and bagged our 30 mourning doves.

ps.......Sadly, every feed lot we checked turned us down for permission to shoot them.....Hence, zero Euros.

.022.JPG 029.JPG

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Mesa Grande is loaded with dove (30-40 to the flock) Did'n't shoot but it's nice to see. They break all at once off the ground when you bust them so it would have been a minimal harvest in doing so.

Unfortunate on the permission issues Steve. The amount of times I have heard "feed lot" mentioned on forums in the last few years is pretty astounding.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yeah Nick......You knew it was going to happen.......Slob shooters & safety concerns.......You knew it was only a matter of time before they cut us off.......Why take the chance.......In fact, one guy said it just wasn't worth the hassle compared to how much cattle feed they (Euros) eat.

I'm sure someone like Mendel is licking his chops to get in to some of those lots for the pay to play game.

And once people start paying.... bye bye to everyone else. Once leases get started all the farmers and ranchers move that route.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu