late Az rifle elk

I'm sure they have better in the area. But I would break down and shoot it. What can I say,,,,,I'm weak.

Latest Update:

At 3:06 PM Jeff text's - "Hunt starts tomorrow, keep you guys updated."

Attachments

• AZJeff3.jpg
    AZJeff3.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 8
  • AZJeff4.jpg
    AZJeff4.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 6
OK I'm loading the truck and leaving, cant stand it, I'll be there in the morning. (kidding) looks like its shaping up to be a good hunt. Lots of luck ! I'm sitting on the edge of my seat....

damn! can i ride with u Fred? lol! wish i was there too. but, i wouldve shot by now ;D

Jeff, I'm guessing those are with your Razor and your phone. Are you using a mount for the phone?
Pics look good.

Latest update from Oneazbowhunter -

"Well this am we got into a bunch of bulls. Tried to cut off a 340ish before he hit the cedars and couldn't pull it off,end of am hunt.. Took the bulls forever to get up in the evening and didn't pursue anything. We did see 2 shooters."

Well the road hunters put a damper on plan A. Did not see any elk in the flats this morn.went to plan B and took my client still hunting in a few nasty canyons. Busted a bull out of his bed, finally got a look at him and didn't even need to put the glass up. Told Alan as soon as he gets the bull in the crosshairs to let it fly. Two shots, connected on one, good blood trail for 300 yards and petered out. The bull was in my top 5 ever seen on the hoof. Probably 380. Still blind searching....

D16hunter said:
Hope you find the bull and your cleints happy with him

Client better be happy with the bull, they're the one pulling the trigger....

Hope you guys find him AZ.

Yuup no news is bad news, never found him. Ysdy was fair we saw 6 different bulls but nothing worth chasing. This am was a bit better, we found 8 bulls in a herd, 5 were definite shooters with a SMOKER in the group. The big bull was every bit of 380 but the herd hit the Jupiter flats before we could cut em off . More later...

Well we found the bull we hit on Saturday.Had him at 1000 yards and he winded another hunter, ran across the RR tracks and got killed by a damn road hunter. He was what we thought he was, 380.. So we're still hunting....

That's too bad, was looking forward to hearing that you bagged him. I like the updates it's like play by play!

Back