Late to the party

Macsteve

Jun 23, 2016
Hello all,
I've been absent lately. Right around the time d16 opened a guy quit at work and they decided just to give his workload to me + mine so I've been hammering out 50 hour weeks. Quite miserable. And it's not done yet, I need something that's a bit less time consuming and a little more confidence building then big game.

So what does any dude with a bit of cash to spend and no time do? Buy guns!
Picked up a benelli SBE2 in 12ga and a franchi affinity 20g for my girl in an attempt to get in on some bird action.

So, I've been trying to get my diligence of reading and such in. Plan on shooting trap this Monday at p2k to get used to them (finally released to me Monday after waiting period).

Looking around for some resources to read about areas to hunt crow and the like. I assume the Walmart parking lot is off limits

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Hello all,
I've been absent lately. Right around the time d16 opened a guy quit at work and they decided just to give his workload to me + mine so I've been hammering out 50 hour weeks. Quite miserable. And it's not done yet, I need something that's a bit less time consuming and a little more confidence building then big game.

So what does any dude with a bit of cash to spend and no time do? Buy guns!
Picked up a benelli SBE2 in 12ga and a franchi affinity 20g for my girl in an attempt to get in on some bird action.

So, I've been trying to get my diligence of reading and such in. Plan on shooting trap this Monday at p2k to get used to them (finally released to me Monday after waiting period).

Looking around for some resources to read about areas to hunt crow and the like. I assume the Walmart parking lot is off limits

Here's hoping you get time to use those new guns in the field soon. That's a great investment in your girlfriend; kind of like a pre-nup . Have you patterned the guns yet, or will you do that before the trap shoot? The folks at p2k are first rate and should be able to help you with it if there aren't too many other shooters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't even been able to shoot them. They are still in holding at fine fire arms :(.

I've shot shotguns one billion times in the Navy but have never owned any.

What do I need to do before trap?

just buy some shells and go out and have some fun, get use to your new gun, if you get bored with trap try some 5 stand thats challenging

Stevo is right, of course. I just mean that checking the fit beforehand will improve your likelihood of success when shooting trap. Here is a link. Your SG's should have come with some shims to insert between stock and action to shift your point of impact when mounting the SG comfortably to your shoulder.
http://www.range365.com/how-pattern-shotgun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve,

Fine choice in shotguns........Can't believe John let you buy an SBE........lol

Your SBE comes with 3 shims (A, B, C).......I believe it comes with the B shim installed......I prefer the lowest comb.

Nick sure gave me the business about a Beretta but I actually got this SBE on gun broker for a stupid good deal. Guy said he bought it, tried have and it wasn't for him. So I sniped the sale at 1300. Nick checked the gun when arrived and said it was like new

There are great deals to be found on gunbroker. Just be careful.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu