LEO’s

Lots of veiled comments on here in the past about not so peaceful defense of the second amendment from government overreach, surprised to see such a lack of support for other amendments and rights. Don’t give your fellow citizens rights away to the government simply because of an ideological disagreement.
Expand please.
What other 'amendments and rights' that are being given away are you referring to?
Thanks.

The first amendment for one. US citizens have the unabridged right to peaceably assemble and protest. Curfew orders might make governing easier, but that doesn’t make them legal. The fact that people are being arrested/cited for “unlawful assembly” is pure authoritarian bullshit. I’m positive many of you would agree if there were pro2A protests being stopped. Of course there will be bad actors and people who take advantage of any situation, this is true of virtually any cause. Letting the government use those bad actors as an excuse to take freedoms away from law abiding citizens is leading this country further from its ideals. Governing a free people is supposed to be challenging, our constitution clearly values chaotic freedom over peaceful slavery, and I am thankful for that.

Reactions: MJB
The key word is “peaceably “. The primary responsibility and purpose of government is to protect the people. Some may say it is the only responsibility Or should be the only responsibility. Temporarily stopping the so called protests which are not peaceable is not unconstitutional. it is not possible to identify all the peaceful from the not peaceful. By temporarily suspending the violent demonstrations we are also preserving the part of the constitution that gives us the unalienable rights of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
And as far as the 2a (I am extreme pro 2a and a life member of the NRA) if pro gun , pro 2a demonstrators turned violent and riotous then to protect life and property I’d say shut it down, at least temporarily.

Reactions: ilovesprig
1000% agree with you. The curfew laws are BS, same as many of the conditions that are and have been put upon us with the Covid situation. If the police are allowed to do what we employ them to do, then we likely would not need be seeing curfew orders. Unfortunately, it is when these 'peaceful' assemblies/protests become illegal in nature, such as blocking roads and major thoroughfares is where it is no longer an assembly, but a mob breaking the laws of our country. If in fact, peaceful protesters that are NOT breaking the law, are being taken into custody, then I have a problem with that. If they are breaking laws and/or provoking situations (by throwing rocks, arson, vandalism, blocking roads, etc...) then they fall under the same laws we all abide by as a lawful nation.
Far more of what I have seen, are protesters breaking laws and not being held accountable for their actions (for PC reasons by those elected officials without balls), which in turn creates a precedent and emboldens them to do more, keep pushing....
Being angry, frustrated, however they want to rationalize it, does NOT make them above the law nor beholden to it.
Chaotic freedom is fine if it is not anarchy. Having a difference of opinion, perspective, belief, etc... are all what makes America Great. The hypocrisy of the left is they themselves believing they are for free speech, tolerance, etc... when in fact they only agree with their point of view and any opposing perspective is racist.

ility and purpose of government is to protect the people. Some may say it is the only responsibility Or should be the only responsibility. Temporarily stopping the so called protests which are not peaceable is not unconstitutional. it is not possible to identify all the peaceful from the not peaceful. By temporarily suspending the violent demonstrations we are also preserving the part of the constitution that gives us the unalienable rights of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Reasonable perspective. It just becomes a question of who decides what the bar is for "temporary suspension" of constitutional rights. It appears my bar is higher than most here. Admittedly my perspective might be a little different, as I don't watch the national news at all, so I'm my reference is mostly my local community.
Other than the polarizing crap on social media , at face value it appears to me that anti- LE overreach and pro 2A protesters have a ton in common and both groups should start voting libertarian if they want a government that respects everyone's rights.

The ELO's I know have a passion to protect the innocent and helpless and serve the public with no other motive. As within any populace that may vary, there will always be bad folks once in a while but we must respect what we know and believe and what they have trained for and want to uphold. Who would you call if your house was on fire ? Who would you call if the forest near you was burning ? Who would you call if your home or business was being broken into for the purpose of taking your possesions ? and who of all those folks have schooled themselves as to how to execute that sort of force and skill set would minimize the possibility to someone regardless of the situation and attempt prevent injury to you and all involved ?

The ELO's I know have a passion to protect the innocent and helpless and serve the public with no other motive.

I would say the same, among the LEO's that I know, but I don't believe citizens rights should be contingent on the good will of whatever government representative they happen to be interacting with. Additionally, I absolutely cannot say the same for the motivation of elected /un-elected officials that have a lot more to do with policy that effects the relationship between our government and its citizens. Law enforcement overreach is the term I chose because Law enforcement is broadly the government function that is actually taking action that disregards citizens rights. Who carries out No-knock search warrants, civil asset forfeiture, uses the Patriot act, FISA courts, warrantless wiretaps etc. etc. etc.

Reactions: MJB
I would say the same, among the LEO's that I know, but I don't believe citizens rights should be contingent on the good will of whatever government representative they happen to be interacting with. Additionally, I absolutely cannot say the same for the motivation of elected /un-elected officials that have a lot more to do with policy that effects the relationship between our government and its citizens. Law enforcement overreach is the term I chose because Law enforcement is broadly the government function that is actually taking action that disregards citizens rights. Who carries out No-knock search warrants, civil asset forfeiture, uses the Patriot act, FISA courts, warrantless wiretaps etc. etc. etc.
You sound confused to me. Just how do you vote?

You sound confused to me. Just how do you vote?
On the contrary, I think my philosophy on the role of government lines up with specific policy positions much more consistently than either major political party line. I vote for whatever candidates espouse liberty over government control on ALL issues. This predictably rules out democrat and republican candidates. So I usually end up voting for libertarians.

On the contrary, I think my philosophy on the role of government lines up with specific policy positions much more consistently than either major political party line. I vote for whatever candidates espouse liberty over government control on ALL issues. This predictably rules out democrat and republican candidates. So I usually end up voting for libertarians.
The Libertarian Party has about 250 elected officials in the USA. That ALL elected offices in the whole country of 320 million "LEGAL" citizens. The Libertarian Message is confusing at BEST. However for kicks and giggles it would be interesting to see a state ran by libertarians....Now that would be hilarious and can't miss TV for sure.

Reactions: WaterDog
I would absolutely reconsider if a libertarian had a chance at the whitehouse. I just believe both parties could benefit from the perspective provided by the lib. Party, as they have both embraced government power in different aspects of their platforms.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu