Lil' duck & goose hunting, then......

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Went to Wister yesterday for a little waterfowling…..Brutally slow.....1 snow goose and 1 gadwall.....At about a 11:00 am, I pack it in and head for MCC for some dove hunting with my friend Mike.....We get set-up and the 1st doves start to move.....After about 30 minutes, I get a call from my from Robert....Buck down and I need some help.....lol

I pack up my stuff and set out to find him on MCC....Have I told you how cool cell phones are and getting GPS coordinates are.....lol....Anyway, I find him, we gut the buck and drag it to a road.....Robert's truck was in the shop.....So, he had driven his dad's car.....No Bueno for a buck....I move some stuff and he goes into the decoy cart that Drew (Truduct) had made for me.....Really bitchin buck with a little crown of 3 points on one side....Making it actually a 4x3.....Congrats Robert on this 1st buck.....Headed to Mike Berry.

Who says SoCal doesn't have great hunting opps…….lol

.006.JPG009.JPG013.JPG

That’s a neat looking buck. Real cagey looking rack. Glad he shot him but it’s one of those bucks that would have looked crazy in a few years I bet. I like animals that look different.

Reactions: ilovesprig
Nice!!!

I hunted plaster city and the ducks are not here yet :(

Reactions: TRICER
Steve any Teal or Widgeon showing up at Henshaw yet?

Drew,

They were here and it appears they have left.....Zero food with a lake that is the lowest I've seen....If the lake would come up a vertical 2 feet, it will be game on.....There are about 80 honkers.

Reactions: TRICER
Nice buck!

I heard Washington and Oregon are loaded with ducks right now so it shouldn’t be too long before we start seeing some ducks.

I have #8 ressie for wister this Saturday. Not expecting much but we will see come Saturday!

Nice buck!

I heard Washington and Oregon are loaded with ducks right now so it shouldn’t be too long before we start seeing some ducks.

I have #8 ressie for wister this Saturday. Not expecting much but we will see come Saturday!
You would rather write the epic report than read about how epic it was last week.

Many times I have had stellar duck hunts when there were no signs indicating "the ducks are in!".

I hope you have a great hunt.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You would rather write the epic report than read about how epic it was last week.

Many times I have had stellar duck hunts when there were no signs indicating "the ducks are in!".

I hope you have a great hunt.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

No doubt about that. You can’t kill em from the couch

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu