Lion Question ?

I made a comment the other day that I feel bears repeating.

There are people that feel that luring the Lion out of a protected area was wrong, I could not disagree more. To me it is no different than fishing the buffer zone at Clarion Island for Cow Tuna, or even smaller scale than that, fishing the edge of an MLPA and chumming.

I do not think this is a stand up guy, however I feel that we should not judge the way people do things in other countries.

they are things that I may not find morally correct in a part of the world, yet its perfectly normal for them.

and vise versa, Try opening a BBQ joint in Israel and tell me how that works out.

as far as the radio collar, He had a black mane and I have seen enough pictures to know it wasn't completely obvious. Killing a collard animal is not illegal, anyone here ever killed a banded duck? what about a collard Mt Lion. US Fish and Wildlife puts collars on animals for data collection. it doesn't make it illegal to harvest them.

CaptJgray said:

There are people that feel that luring the Lion out of a protected area was wrong, I could not disagree more. To me it is no different than fishing the buffer zone at Clarion Island for Cow Tuna, or even smaller scale than that, fishing the edge of an MLPA and chumming.

I do not think this is a stand up guy, however I feel that we should not judge the way people do things in other countries.

they are things that I may not find morally correct in a part of the world, yet its perfectly normal for them.

and vise versa, Try opening a BBQ joint in Israel and tell me how that works out.

as far as the radio collar, He had a black mane and I have seen enough pictures to know it wasn't completely obvious. Killing a collard animal is not illegal, anyone here ever killed a banded duck? what about a collard Mt Lion. US Fish and Wildlife puts collars on animals for data collection. it doesn't make it illegal to harvest them.
Great points.

CaptJgray said:

Well said.................. ;)

Received this today from a friend in the know...Such BS....We need to continually call these wackos out!..... :mad:

Just learned the facts about the lion kill that caused so much hoopla. This from the Zimbabwe government.. The investigation is complete and NO charges will be filed against the landowner, the professional hunter or the hunter. All required paperwork was in order before the hunt! The lion was indeed 13 years old, and was described as a "roamer" because he had long been kicked out of any pride, and simply roamed throughout the area in the part and outside the park. He was not lured or baited as described by the media. There was a dead elephant from natural causes about 2 miles from the park border. That is the area where he had recently been seen, and where they started hunting him. He was shot with an arrow and wounded. He went directly away from the park. The PH, his trackers and game scout and hunter followed tracks and sign and shot the lion with the rifle. The PH was concerned about the hide and thus removed the collar and hung it in a tree right where the lion was killed, They then contacted the wildlife and park officials they had shot a collared lion. According to Zimbabwe officials if anyone could be criticized about anything it is the PH should have contacted the wildlife and park people before skinning the lion, but no charges were filed.

This from officials this morning as well as the Zimbabwe Professional Hunters group.

Furthermore no one in Zimbabwe knew the lion's name as "Cecil" and they are not sure where the name came from, other that possibly the researcher named him that to designate making record keeping easier.

The liberal press has struck again! Lies, previously all lies!

Hopefully the dentist will file a multi-billion dollar law suit against those who slandered him, and do the same regarding the anti-hunter groups. Heard this morning he is hiding, but he is "lawyering up"!

What a load of bs Iif I was in his position I would sue the crap out of every news site that wrote a story saying how it was an illegal hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luke,

Unfortunately much of the damage has been done.....I'm sure the outlawing of trapping of bobcats was influenced by this story.....And I can guarantee you that there won't be one main stream media outlet that reports this finding (Well, maybe Fox).

I have sent this to just about everyone on my e-mail list including news stations & dem voting friends.....If everyone would do this (copy & paste), then it will get around what these idiots (lib/democrats) will do to shut down all hunting!....LIE!.....Remember, there's a lot of folks that are on the fence about hunting.....These are the ones their after.

Good to hear do you have a link?.........theirs some fish killers I know that need a little humble pie!!!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu