LIVE - Az Coues Whitetail hunt

Thanks everyone... one of the proudest moments of my life. I hunted Monday and Tuesday in spots that had no service. I hunted spots where some nice bucks live... both were a bust. Two does on Monday and 6 does/2 small bucks yesterday.

It's been super hot. I'm pretty sure I'm on the edge of heat stroke. Not feeling right, headache and diarrhea. Plus there's something wrong with my right eye... could hardly see anything out of it... my shooting eye.

Anyways I took today off to regroup. My eye is recovering. I leave in 7 days for Alaska and need to get my gear together. I'm going to check the camera where Sophia is gonna kill a buck. Want to make sure they are still coming in... their timing has been all hours of the day. #1 goal is to get Sophia a buck. I'll be back out there tomorrow.... Ed F20190827_153719.jpg20190827_190102.jpg20190827_072522.jpg

Ugh... damn man... I feel you on that eye thing and the heatstroke/dehydration. Those Nuun fizzy tablets are pretty helpful. Also found this chewable called Nauzene at Rite-Aid that hurries up and gets electrolytes back in ya and battles against that nauseous feeling ya have at the end of the night from all the dehydration from those 90+F days. Must be extra harsh too sittin' inside a blacked-out tent like that.

"It's been super hot. I'm pretty sure I'm on the edge of heat stroke. Not feeling right, headache and diarrhea. Plus there's something wrong with my right eye... could hardly see anything out of it... my shooting eye."
Hey Ed that's very scary , stay healthy, watch the heat Bro.. Time to stay in air conditioning and regroup..

Not looking good... a day like this could end this method of hunting... we'll see how it is tomorrow... Ed FScreenshot_20190828-142544_Chrome.jpg

Stay the course..hold the line..never waiver....
Push forward..pick a path....and FINISH!! Thats what Bearclaw always told me!!! **looking real bad down here amigo...monsoon a comin!!!***

Told ya so brother ..on with the money shots!!! Hell Yes!!!

Yes sir...i have to conjur up a different spirit..one from the little gray bird of peace..but it can be done...i see limits for everyone this sunday...now, bring on the money shots Edward!!!!!

I left this morning a little less than optimistic. Yesterday I checked the radar and my area got hammered by monsoons. There was one tank that I've always had my eye on but have never scouted. It was on the fringe of where the rain hit the hardest. Anyways my plan was to go check it out and if it was wet I was going to start pulling blinds and call it a season for me. Sophias spot was looking good last night. It's an hour quad ride to this tank and looked dry enough to hunt. When I arrived there was a doe drinking... it reminded me of a secret oasis. I set the blind up and every half hour a deer was coming. Thankfully I placed my blind down wind and in the shade of a big cottonwood tree. Ed FIMG_2985.JPG20190829_100948.jpg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu