LIVE HUNT - Whitetail Extravaganza

I too like the long drive road trips...I've pretty much been doing it since I bought my 1st car ('67 GTO) in 1969...My drive to Montana/Alberta is just that...A time by yourself to think of friends, family, and years gone by.

Ed, have a successful and safe trip...Looking forward to your adventure.

Reactions: BOWUNTR
Some great looking whitetails! Good luck can’t wait to see what you shoot.
I want to shoot a big mature whitetail one day just to say I have.

Reactions: BOWUNTR
I actually know Tyler and have listened to every single one of his podcasts. Great guy who's living my dream. He's a stud... Meateater podcast #180 is the most interesting podcaat I have ever listened to... outfrikenstanding.

80 miles to go... I'll be in a treestand in a few hours... stand by... Ed F

Yesterday we went about 15 miles north and hunted a friends farm. It was more of a reason to go hang out. I did sit in a tree for a few hours and had 20 does walk past me. I didn't want to ruin our plans to go out to dinner... so I passed. Ed F20191102_200155.jpg

Yesterday we went about 15 miles north and hunted a friends farm. It was more of a reason to go hang out. I did sit in a tree for a few hours and had 20 does walk past me. I didn't want to ruin our plans to go out to dinner... so I passed. Ed FView attachment 41716
Kind of makes you wonder what the poor folks are doing. Go get em.

Finished the morning hunt. Saw two bucks cruising looking for does... I would have shot either one if they were in range. Should get better everyday. Anyone recognize the guy in the middle of my pic? Ed F

Hell yeah, Ed. I am starting to love Western whitetails. I have 2 good ones on my camera this year. I can shoot whitetail or mule deer, not sure which I will get a crack at.

.20191102_183724.jpg20191022_171531.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: NBK
Those are great ones. My first photo is a public land Colorado Whitetail. I want to get back there but I have to get rid of all my deer points. Ed F

Reactions: nicapopolis
Finished the morning hunt. Saw two bucks cruising looking for does... I would have shot either one if they were in range. Should get better everyday. Anyone recognize the guy in the middle of my pic? Ed F

Ed,

I instantly recognized him, but for the life of me can't remember who he is...Think I just saw him on TV.

Well, it's hard to give an update when there's not much to update. Been seeing small bucks... they are starting to move more. Any day now the bigger bucks will start searching during daylight.

Last night we went to another buddys house for a visited. He is a giant Whitetail expert. Educated me about things that are going to happen in the next week. This Whitetail hunting stuff is over complicated...

The old guy in the pic is Dr Jack Frost... more bowhunting accomplishments than anyone on the planet. Ed F20191102_122433.jpg20191102_160024.jpg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu