Local Trail Cam Pics.

TopBuck

I despise granola heads!
Aug 1, 2011
Here's a good one from 09' that has eluded me since, I hope the next pic of this buck includes my switchback and I.

Attachments

• Trail cam.png
    Trail cam.png
    198.9 KB · Views: 56
I had this little guy with a jacked up rack at 15 yards 3 times in one day. I couldn't bring myself to do it but I hope someone took him out of the gene pool.

Attachments

• CDY_0013 - Copy.JPG
    CDY_0013 - Copy.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 34
That was last year. I haven't seen him on camera this year.

About 6-7 years ago I shot buck similar to Jim's little friend above. He was in an area where there were allot of very large bucks (unit 29 New Mexico). Took him in the last few hours of the hunt. He made some dandy jerky sticks!

I ended up making some tag soup out of the tag I should have hung on him. I got a nice buck that same day. He was around before and after my shot. Looking back it would have been cool to get a double, but it's enough work just getting one out.

My buddy retrieved some pics from our Cameras this weekend. We made some adjustments and are going to set out another 4 cams next week. Attached is a nice buck moving through a trail deep in the desert. He is bigger than you think (poor photo). We need to fortify this area with more cams. The place has allot of big buck moving through

Attachments

• desertbuck1.JPG
    desertbuck1.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 54
I've heard alot of stories about these desert mulies, But I don't know of anyone ever harvesting them. Do you have any???

Those desert bucks are like ghosts. You hear stories about them, but don’t believe they exist until you see one for yourself.
I hear it takes a lot of time scouting preseason and a lot of luck to take one down.

Here is a trail camera picture my good friend got in Utah this year. This was the second year in a row that he got pictures of this guy in the same spot. (or one just like it) He only comes out at night.

Attachments

• Utah trail camera 2011.jpg
    Utah trail camera 2011.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 750

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu