Location data on photos

NOPE! if your image has exif data it goes with it.....

how do you think the admins at sch get all the rad spots :)

Last edited:
ok... update just did a image and it took all the exif data away.

xenforo might have changed something ...stand by

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocked and Loaded
ok... update just did a image and it took all the meta data away.

xenforo might have changed something ...stand by
I’m just wondering because we had some new guys in our usually quiet area.

It’s not evidence but it made me wonder.

Save your .jpeg as a .png and the data will be lost before you upload it. I usually resize to 750 while I am there for better viewing.

It is a little more work but so is finding good hunting spots.

This site will scrub the meta data to the public facing side, I’ve tested it to see if it would in the past.

I learned on an old fishing forum scsurffishing that did not scrub the data and you could just Download all the fish reports images and then open on your phone photo map and take your pick where you were fishing today, those were the days. So I do .png for good spots and if they can triangulate off mountain tops and show up I would hunt with them, you won’t get lost.

Reactions: AndrewSD
Save your .jpeg as a .png and the data will be lost before you upload it. I usually resize to 750 while I am there for better viewing.

It is a little more work but so is finding good hunting spots.

This site will scrub the meta data to the public facing side, I’ve tested it to see if it would in the past.

I learned on an old fishing forum scsurffishing that did not scrub the data and you could just Download all the fish reports images and then open on your phone photo map and take your pick where you were fishing today, those were the days. So I do .png for good spots and if they can triangulate off mountain tops and show up I would hunt with them, you won’t get lost.
Sounds like this sites okay though if I understand you correctly. None of my photos have enough background to figure out a spot (I think ;) ).

You're referring to exif data, lots of forums/websites say they automatically remove the data when you upload a picture. If you want to play it safe, open the picture and take a screenshot.

Reactions: Rocked and Loaded

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu