Locator calls

steveo007

Nov 24, 2011
chula vista
Whats your favorite locator call, and when is the best time of day to use them.how early in the morning can you use a locator call and get a response? when not to use a locator call!!

steveo007 said:
Whats your favorite locator call, and when is the best time of day to use them.how early in the morning can you use a locator call and get a response? when not to use a locator call!!

Stevo,

Preseason, I like my peacock call......During the season before daybreak & flydown, I owl hoot by mouth.....Daytime, I use the crow call.....If you use a box call for your locator (daytime only). Make sure you're near a tree or near something you can hide behind.....Also, If you use the box. Always start off soft and increase volume. If a bird is close, you don't want to blow him away.......2 cents

My favorite locator call… well that had to have been hunting right outside Eglin air force base in Florida. Every morning at least one pilot would want to open up the throttle a little bit over our hunting camp… let me tell you, a sonic boom lets you know where EVERY SINGLE turkey is roosting in a ¼ mile area lol

But in lieu of supersonic jets… I like my owl call in the morning and crow call in the afternoon.

Fowl Play said:
My favorite locator call… well that had to have been hunting right outside Eglin air force base in Florida.
… let me tell you, a sonic boom lets you know where EVERY SINGLE turkey is roosting in a ¼ mile area lol
Now that is funny!

Diesel engines, coyotes yapping, door slamming, dogs howling, roosters crowing, fire engine sirens are a few others that work as well........ ;D

Fowl Play said:
My favorite locator call… well that had to have been hunting right outside Eglin air force base in Florida. Every morning at least one pilot would want to open up the throttle a little bit over our hunting camp… let me tell you, a sonic boom lets you know where EVERY SINGLE turkey is roosting in a ¼ mile area lol

But in lieu of supersonic jets… I like my owl call in the morning and crow call in the afternoon.

So rad!!!! That's like coyote hunting and an ambulance driving by!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu