bobbaka

Nov 18, 2018
Hi Everyone,
I'm new to hunting and since no one among my friends and family hunts. I'm always looking hunting buddies. I have a 0.22 LR and that leaves with a few choice, normally rabbits in Kern or Ventura County. Please feel free to contact me if you are interested. BTW, I'm a new hunter and would also appreciate any advise for becoming a better hunter.

Welcome, and good luck with the new adventure.
Get ONXHunt app for your phone.
Study the DFW regulations until
You know them well.
Look for rabbits early morning and late afternoon.
Mostly flat semi brushy areas.
and sides of rolling hills.
Walk slowly and stop often.
Hunt National forest and BLM.
Don't for get non lead for small game. Study Onxhunt ror legal hunting areas.
Good luck with getting a partner.
Keep asking questions, except for honey holes.
LB

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
I ended up buying a shotgun. Thank you for the advise.

Great...Like was mentioned above get Onx Maps....Learn your shotgun....Go buy a box of clays with the cheapest LEAD loads you can buy (Wal-Mart)….Then (or at the same time), buy a couple boxes of steel dove loads....Lancaster, Mojave, Lake Isabella, and other places have quail, dove, chukar, and rabbits.

You will have to resign your thoughts that you will have to drive some....Just part of the deal hunting in SoCal these days.

ps...I know it's farther, but the Imperial Valley is your best bet for bird & small game hunting.

Great...Like was mentioned above get Onx Maps....Learn your shotgun....Go buy a box of clays with the cheapest LEAD loads you can buy (Wal-Mart)….Then (or at the same time), buy a couple boxes of steel dove loads....Lancaster, Mojave, Lake Isabella, and other places have quail, dove, chukar, and rabbits.

You will have to resign your thoughts that you will have to drive some....Just part of the deal hunting in SoCal these days.

ps...I know it's farther, but the Imperial Valley is your best bet for bird & small game hunting.
Thank you. I paid for the app and it's been great.

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu