looking for hog hunt- need feedback on a couple names

ramonallones

Sep 8, 2016
Hey everyone, 2-3 of us looking to go on our first guided hog hunt from los angeles area.

Any suggestions would be great on guides.

big horn ranch- Is this real hunting? I heard feedback otherwise
bitterwater outfitters- voicemail full but heard someone recommend them before
giant sequoia guide service- gave them a call and waiting to hear back.

any others to recommend?

Thanks in advance for any feedback

SMC guide service out of King city. Real hunting. Great price and guides. Have hunted with them for the last 6 years and killed many great boars and meat pigs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Insightguideservice
tks for the feedback guys.

Anyone hunt Tejon before? at 1200 per person quite a bit more expensive. seems like at 3 days its more lodging and food.

But wondering overall how the hog percentages are I guess.

TIA

Shay, bigboarstopper

Hog dogs, semi guided or fully guided

He's got Barley planted which is like crack to pigs.

(831) 594-1270 leases are in King area

Nessen Schmidt. Out of King city. I have hunted with him five times, five hogs.

Attachments

• Resized_20210428_130008.jpeg
    Resized_20210428_130008.jpeg
    262.4 KB · Views: 40
Hey everyone, 2-3 of us looking to go on our first guided hog hunt from los angeles area.

Any suggestions would be great on guides.

big horn ranch- Is this real hunting? I heard feedback otherwise
bitterwater outfitters- voicemail full but heard someone recommend them before
giant sequoia guide service- gave them a call and waiting to hear back.

any others to recommend?

Thanks in advance for any feedback
[email protected]. Has Hog hunting.

Reminds me of my youth waliking rice checks and cotton / Milo fields .,.love the long tails ..nice work bill.

All though..#7 I s missing his head...he give you a hard time??

The cheapest I've found is Big Horn Ranch, great place and amazing service but it is a high fence type hunting scenario. My experience is the larger the property the more "hunting" the experience will be. If you don't have a bunch of time and want a guaranteed kill ranches are the way to go. If you want a true experience not much more alternative than to get boots dirty and reach out to those who have been successful.

They come complete with nose rings so they will feel pain as they try to dig out of the high fenced property....big horn has it's place for some I guess...but definitely not a hunt ...poor hogs .

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu