Looking for new 7mm rem mag

Revo2811

Sep 21, 2016
Like the title says I’m looking for a new rifle in 7mm rem mag. I have a Winchester model 70 and really like the cartridge. I Used to shoot the 270 but after I touched the 7mm it was like 270 on steroids.
I’ve been trying to get a hold of seekins precisions to order a havok ph2 but no response.
Any other recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Second the ruger, for the price, the quality is really good accurate and light. I use in .308

Like the title says I’m looking for a new rifle in 7mm rem mag. I have a Winchester model 70 and really like the cartridge. I Used to shoot the 270 but after I touched the 7mm it was like 270 on steroids.
I’ve been trying to get a hold of seekins precisions to order a havok ph2 but no response.
Any other recommendations?

Seekins makes some really nice rifles. My next door neighbor and friend has the havoc element. Have you tried to order one through Duncan’s? They were able to obtain an extremely hard to find rifle brand and model for me a few of years ago through one of their east coast distributors. Not advocating Duncan’s but none of the other shops in San Diego county could make it happen. Keep us posted on what you end up with and how you like it.

Christensen Arms feels really good if you’re a Model 70 guy like I am. They have the Mesa in 7mm Rem Mag with a 24” barrel. They’re built for the backcountry men.

I just looked on a website that searches many websites with no luck. I'd guess they are sold out everywhere.

That said, I did see it in 28 Nosler (7mm +p basically) for $1850 in stock.

Is this for a D16 Forky..or like travel the world type stuff? I mean..it will work for both...but do you want supergrade wood stuff or composite? Push or claw feed...so much to think about .man...what about hand loads and powder's..factory?...not to mention bullets.....could go for days ..but if money is no object...id get the best one..but if I got the best one..I'd want it to work when it's go time..they all go bang...so I'd prolly put it in the optics...but that's another 100 posts . 7mag truly is a kick ass cartridge..can't go wrong in that configuration....post a pic of her when you get her home .

Great rifle 7MM rem mag. I shoot a S&W 7mm mag. baby is dead on with the ranger finder scope I have on it.

I did hear back from seekins finally.
They sent me some phone numbers of some distributors that will get the next shipment of rifles and got it on the list . Waiting game now
Apparently they only sale to distributors now

It's more money but why not build a custom and have exactly what you want?

It's not that hard to do and it's kinda fun getting all the parts

Reactions: NBK
I have seen some info on the Remington Aplha1, seems interesting. It’s a Remington 700 with an AG stock and trigger tech trigger. They are claiming some improvements in the machining processing, I’m guessing the action has some improvement’s. Might be worth a look

829391709d7bf7663f54ec5be52f05d7.jpg

Found one in Idaho shipping out today!!!!!

I have seen some info on the Remington Aplha1, seems interesting. It’s a Remington 700 with an AG stock and trigger tech trigger. They are claiming some improvements in the machining processing, I’m guessing the action has some improvement’s. Might be worth a look

Looked at the Remington Aplha1. It is a nice rifle. Not sure what the cost is, but it has alot of custom gun features built around an already good action.

Reactions: TRICER
What did you end up getting!

I got the Seekins Precision Havok ph2 in
7mm rem.

Now I need to get me a scope

7mags are cool.... grip and grins are really cool!! Nice choice!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu