Looking For Puppy Obedience Trainer

Lenny

Oct 24, 2021
My wife and I picked our first cocker spaniel puppy a few weeks ago and have been working diligently with obedience training. He’s 11 weeks old and learning quick but it’s been quite a struggle since we’re both learning through forums and YouTube and we’re never totally sure if what we’re doing is correct. Do any of you guys have recommendations on obedience trainers that specifically work with hunting dogs? Ideally one that also teaches the owner how to work with the dog since we need the training just as much as the dog does. Thanks!

We have a puppy class starting at High On Kennels in January that is desigend to show the owner how to train the pup. It is six weeks long and meets once a week on Saturdays and will cover all the basics. P.M. me if you are interested and I'll put you in touch with the trainer conducting the class.

Reactions: Lenny
Nelson kennels. Out of Los Banos, CA. Third generation family owned. I’ve sent my hunting dog through lessons there. 100% recommend. They offer a variety of options to work with you: weekend lesson, board and train, bird exposure, field trials, obedience,
2b0466e7228a00dc61accb48d7835955.jpg

etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lenny

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu