Looking to hunt AZ in January

Bryce

Feb 1, 2011
I have the urge and wondering if anyone else is going....
Thinking about Tucson area?

AZ is the bomb, its just hard to get drawn.

I've got tons of points on archery elk and Kaibab muley's but still haven't been drawn. I have done some archery javelina out there which was really fun. Also, went on a coues deer hunt in the SE part of the state and got skunked.

I am a big fan of AZ. My friend Renny and Fred are in unit 6B right now on a mule deer muzzle-loader hunt. It opens tomorrow. They have a 26"-28"buck spotted from today and hopefully will smash it in the morning.

Like Teachanother, I am collecting points too. I am hoping to get drawn for a Coues deer hunt next year.

I may put in for a nice zone next year, but for now, Im talkin bout good ole over the counter january deer.
Mostly want to give myself something to do instead of hangin out with my tree hugger in-laws who live in Tucson.
How awesome would it be if I showed up at their house and asked if I could hang my gambel in their mesquite tree and skin a deer. :)

Bryce said:
I may put in for a nice zone next year, but for now, Im talkin bout good ole over the counter january deer.
Mostly want to give myself something to do instead of hangin out with my tree hugger in-laws who live in Tucson.
How awesome would it be if I showed up at their house and asked if I could hang my gambel in their mesquite tree and skin a deer. :)

:D :D :D :D :D :D That would be awesome ! I may be up for that hunt. Do you know of any areas? I know of one but don't know what zone its in.

I recommend hunting north of Tucson as the smuggling and illegal activity down south have totally screwed up the Coronado national forest. I was down ther a couple of years ago hunting Mearns quail and you couldnt go anywhere without finding the tell tale signs of smuggling and people. It was sad the whole place is trashed

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu