Lost hunting dog San Diego

I could use some help putting up posters of Zita at dog parks near you or your local vet would be great!

I've been using the PDF in my first post.

Thanks for your help!
I'll be going back to post more flyers after a quick turkey hunt tomorrow.

Zita is dead......She chewed an electrical cord trying to get the rat. She died doing what she loved.....hunting!

I am sorry about your friend. My heart goes out to you. Keep the great memories close. It is a life long gift from the Z-girl.

NBK

Ugh this sucks Mark. I'm sorry dude, only the people that hunt with their dogs will ever know the depth of the bond that a man and his dog have.

Godspeed zita

Thanks guys!

She died the day I though I lost her. She never left the garage and died quickly 3" from the electrical cord.

RIP ZITA!

Thanks guys!

She was only 4 years old but got to hunt some of the best places in the world......Tejon & Baja just to mention a few.
Out of my two dogs she was my favorite dog a very good companion but in the same sentence a royal pain in the ass she had a squeak of a bark which was ear piercing and constant and she was a licker. She slept in my arms every night and would wiggle her way right next to my face snoring in my face.
She started out with a tough life almost lost her in the first few days due to her having a clef lip so she couldn't suckle. She had to be hand feed by me for 2 weeks until she could chew kibble.
She got bit by a rattler and survived had a leaky bladder due to being spaded. But she was a great yote killer and was a natural retriever. While hunting Pheasants in Baja she would steal the birds out of every lab she saw and she loved duck hunting.......She was loved by everyone and will be missed!
Today is much easier and I have put it to rest. Now my other dog Zoe the mother of Zita will be having a litter this fall and I will start the new pup thing all over again with even more great expectations.

Here are a few videos of her....RIP ZITA and everyday you will be in my heart and my backyard!

And her best day pheasant hunting.

And her solo trip for Dove she retrieved over a hundred doves in one day of hunting!

Attachments

• DSC00200.JPG
    DSC00200.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 7
  • baja12152012.1.JPG
    baja12152012.1.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
She was an amazing dog and a trooper to boot! Like they say, "it's not the size of the dog in the fight - it the size of the fight in the dog"!

RIP Zita

Thanks!

It gets easier as days go by, but I still finding myself swearing at Zita and shedding a tear or two especially when I get text pictures of all the fond hunts people have shared with her........the bright light for me is knowing I get to keep a pup out of Zoe's next litter.

The stud is ready to go just need to look at the hunting schedule this fall and figure out whats going to work best.....I think the sooner the better. I'm going to try and bring Zoe into heat by change the food as soon as I run out....it has worked before so I'll give it another try and see if it helps to speed things up.

Hey that milo field looks like its out of your UMA!!!!!!!!!!!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu