Meat market

Geappetto Hunts

Oct 12, 2019
OCEANSIDE
Question, can anybody recommend a good meat market that will process/ package wild game? So far I have reached out to Tip Top Meats and Specialty Meats and both are currently not doing it. Looking for any recommendations.

Thanks!

Depends on how far you will drive. I know of three places, Brees meats in Garden grove, South shore meat in San Pedro. there is one in chino Hottingers. not sure if there are all still doing wild game. If they are I would go to South Shore first.

Depends on how far you will drive. I know of three places, Brees meats in Garden grove, South shore meat in San Pedro. there is one in chino Hottingers. not sure if there are all still doing wild game. If they are I would go to South Shore first.
Thanks for the info man. I will keep these places in mind. Sounds like the shop in Ramona will be the spot for me. It's just closer to my location. Thanks again

Reactions: GUNDOGLOVER49
Hottingers wouldn’t do my pig a few weeks before thanksgiving last year because they were too busy. Leon’s custom meat cutting in jurupa valley did it for a good price. They do a lot wild game and did a good job

I would be careful dropping of there. For me I waNt the deer meaT that I drop off not part of it. Just sayin
I had a little bit of a bad experience there too. I wanted to grind 6 hog quarters in to sausage. They wanted full animal prices for 2 hogs. I left 4 quarters and took 2 home because it was too expensive to grind just 2 quarters. The owner (who I was always cool with before) had a real shitty attitude when I came back.

I had a little bit of a bad experience there too. I wanted to grind 6 hog quarters in to sausage. They wanted full animal prices for 2 hogs. I left 4 quarters and took 2 home because it was too expensive to grind just 2 quarters. The owner (who I was always cool with before) had a real shitty attitude when I came back.
Good to know.

My folks taught me that if you have nothing good don't say anything at all and that will speak volumes. That being said the last time a bunch of us took them meat If I remember right around eight wild pigs it was an over serious conversation/deal where we had to agree they would not sort out each person's animal and we would need to figure it out on our own. Along with that living in the back country above Ramona I have heard more than I care to hear. I will be doing my own butcher work from now on with the stuff I harvest local.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu