meet CHIP the dog

Aeon

just a dude who duck hunts
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Feb 16, 2011
As many of you know Tia died a couple months ago. still not over that but on we go. I needed a dog and started searching for a started lab, the interweb is a dangerous place. So i found this dog way out in South Dakota that was very well trained and at a price that locally i could not even get close to... so away i flew to SD, by the way its freaking cold there. I met up with the owner Paul Gum and we did a full work out with the dog. At this point i am expecting the dog to be just so so but OMG. Paul does a few 150 yard blinds and a couple tossed birds at about that same distance. Chip handles like a dream. Paul wants to go show me what he can do so we take a drive to his pasture with a pond. paul sends Chip on a 500 yard blind. At this point im blown away 17 months old and dog is just killing it. So i buy the dog and now have to figure out how to get it home. flying is a pain in the ass big time and cost 600 bucks so i hire https://www.facebook.com/houndhaulersllc/ to come get chip in SD and deliver him to me in socal. They were easy to deal with picked up chip and had him here in under two days.

so here is chip with what i hope is his only photo on here with out birds.

20191111_165930.jpg

i am super tempted to do a hunt test with him. might have to hit up prado after the season is over.

Reactions: outdoorhero42
Hard to replace a great hunting friend but, it seems you took your time and found a good one that will bring you lots of enjoyable hunts. I think he likes his new home, his lipstick is out. :blush:

Reactions: outdoorhero42
Sounds awesome man! He looks very intent and focused too. Congrats!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu