Memorial Day Scouting

TrapLine

Feb 21, 2019
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
The draw is a week away and Archery Season just around the corner so time to start scouting. My AO tag brought me to this spot last year but we are going to try to pull a party rifle tag out of it this year, Could not of asked for a better day for it, 70 degrees and sunny. I found a big drainage last year that the animals are using as a travel corridor. Today we put 4 cameras along the drainage in different spots, along exit routes, and choke points. The plan is going to let them simmer to see if we can get any targets. We also picked out a few archery blind spots and a rifle spot sitting on top of the whole thing. Had to do a little bushwhacking but we made a path to a back way we can get to those blind spots without disturbing the area below. Time to go fishing! Hope you guys are enjoying the long weekend.

1.png

4.png

It looks so small from up here till you get down in it.

3.png

2.png

5.png

Went and swapped SD cards today. Can see where the antler growth is, or was. I busted out one buck today and it looked like his antlers were just starting to split, the tips looked alot darker. We had a battle of witts staring at each other but when i went for my phone he bounced. Got about 10 different does and fawns on camera also. Cant wait for Aug 20th. Looking promising so far.

WGI_0094.jpeg

WGI_0077.jpeg
WGI_0039.jpeg

WGI_0038.jpeg

WGI_0097.jpeg

WGI_0128.jpeg

John,

If you got does, you'll have bucks....Great pix of yogi....Thanks for sharing..................... :clap:

When you geek that bear...geek him again ...he appears to be youngin...teach him a lesson.

• Haha
Reactions: 180ls1
That's what the larger ones do...day sleepers ..

Reactions: 180ls1

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu