missed a very nice forky this morning in D11...BUMMER

ultimatedude

Aug 9, 2012
Burbank
well today was the archery opener for D11 so i went to a spot that i have seen deer in the past...I have not been able to scout at all this season due to someone totaling my van while it was parked on a side street 7 months ago...it was a very nice morning with a slight wind to my favor...saw nothing till about 9am when i noticed a deer about 125 yards away slowly working its way towards me. At first i thought it was a doe but as it got closer i could see the horns...very tall and wide...I patiently waited for a shot and took a nice broad side shot at 51 yards and missed to the left...!!!! i am totally dumbfounded by this...the arrow went right past its tail..2 ft off from target and it just hopped away with no worries... :'( everything was text book..i was relaxed, didn`t rush the shot...smooth release and still MISSED !!

That sucks it just wasn't meant to be. Could be your happy you missed tho and you kill a monster good luck for the rest of the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better check your sights or bow....It's a long season and good luck the rest of the way.

ps.....51 yds is way out of my comfort zone.....Been shooting all day.....30 yds is barely in my range...... ;)

Broadside?Missed the tail?? That's 4 feet from heart and lungs??? Am I reading this wrong

ultimatedude said:
well today was the archery opener for D11 so i went to a spot that i have seen deer in the past...I have not been able to scout at all this season due to someone totaling my van while it was parked on a side street 7 months ago...it was a very nice morning with a slight wind to my favor...saw nothing till about 9am when i noticed a deer about 125 yards away slowly working its way towards me. At first i thought it was a doe but as it got closer i could see the horns...very tall and wide...I patiently waited for a shot and took a nice broad side shot at 51 yards and missed to the left...!!!! i am totally dumbfounded by this...the arrow went right past its tail..2 ft off from target and it just hopped away with no worries... :'( everything was text book..i was relaxed, didn`t rush the shot...smooth release and still MISSED !!
Did you tune your bow with broadheads ?

Ghost

I went to the range yesterday and shot my bow and it shot fine....i am figuring maybe the arrow brushed a little twig or branch...its the only thing i can think of...and i have been thinking about it ALOT...LOL 1 for the buck, 0 for me...let the games continue...!!!

ultimatedude said:
I went to the range yesterday and shot my bow and it shot fine....i am figuring maybe the arrow brushed a little twig or branch...its the only thing i can think of...and i have been thinking about it ALOT...LOL 1 for the buck, 0 for me...let the games continue...!!!
no worries ultimatedude. I did the same missed a F N simple shot broadside at forky standing there looking at me. and I never did figure it out. like this deer had a force field around it.
I practice a lot. and it was a long bow. so kind of wondered what happened. The solution I came up with was the wind may have altered my arrow path. I was very accurate with this bow 20-30 yards. I would practicing up to 40-50 yards but not as accurate. tough break.
keep at it. I am. I am like a bulldog I clamp on and don't let go. I keep at it.

Ghost

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu