missed a very nice forky this morning in D11...BUMMER

well today was the archery opener for D11 so i went to a spot that i have seen deer in the past...I have not been able to scout at all this season due to someone totaling my van while it was parked on a side street 7 months ago...it was a very nice morning with a slight wind to my favor...saw nothing till about 9am when i noticed a deer about 125 yards away slowly working its way towards me. At first i thought it was a doe but as it got closer i could see the horns...very tall and wide...I patiently waited for a shot and took a nice broad side shot at 51 yards and missed to the left...!!!! i am totally dumbfounded by this...the arrow went right past its tail..2 ft off from target and it just hopped away with no worries... :'( everything was text book..i was relaxed, didn`t rush the shot...smooth release and still MISSED !!

That sucks it just wasn't meant to be. Could be your happy you missed tho and you kill a monster good luck for the rest of the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better check your sights or bow....It's a long season and good luck the rest of the way.

ps.....51 yds is way out of my comfort zone.....Been shooting all day.....30 yds is barely in my range...... ;)

Broadside?Missed the tail?? That's 4 feet from heart and lungs??? Am I reading this wrong

ultimatedude said:
well today was the archery opener for D11 so i went to a spot that i have seen deer in the past...I have not been able to scout at all this season due to someone totaling my van while it was parked on a side street 7 months ago...it was a very nice morning with a slight wind to my favor...saw nothing till about 9am when i noticed a deer about 125 yards away slowly working its way towards me. At first i thought it was a doe but as it got closer i could see the horns...very tall and wide...I patiently waited for a shot and took a nice broad side shot at 51 yards and missed to the left...!!!! i am totally dumbfounded by this...the arrow went right past its tail..2 ft off from target and it just hopped away with no worries... :'( everything was text book..i was relaxed, didn`t rush the shot...smooth release and still MISSED !!
Did you tune your bow with broadheads ?

Ghost

I went to the range yesterday and shot my bow and it shot fine....i am figuring maybe the arrow brushed a little twig or branch...its the only thing i can think of...and i have been thinking about it ALOT...LOL 1 for the buck, 0 for me...let the games continue...!!!

ultimatedude said:
I went to the range yesterday and shot my bow and it shot fine....i am figuring maybe the arrow brushed a little twig or branch...its the only thing i can think of...and i have been thinking about it ALOT...LOL 1 for the buck, 0 for me...let the games continue...!!!
no worries ultimatedude. I did the same missed a F N simple shot broadside at forky standing there looking at me. and I never did figure it out. like this deer had a force field around it.
I practice a lot. and it was a long bow. so kind of wondered what happened. The solution I came up with was the wind may have altered my arrow path. I was very accurate with this bow 20-30 yards. I would practicing up to 40-50 yards but not as accurate. tough break.
keep at it. I am. I am like a bulldog I clamp on and don't let go. I keep at it.

Ghost

Back