Mnt. Lion

NBK

Trying to be the man my dog thinks I am.
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Mar 8, 2011
San Diego, Ca.
Larry Cochran was hunting today (I believe in a stand) and look what came in on him. He took it with his cell phone so this little kitty is a lot closer than it looks.

Attachments

• Cougar 11-02 17.03.32.jpg
    Cougar 11-02 17.03.32.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 63
Re: Look what showed up in the stand today

Oh wow wee need to be careful out there and it's funny how that burned tree on the back looks like a black bear looking at the cat!

Papi

Cool pic. I bet he didn't see many deer around.

I'm not a fan of the long tails. For all of the people who don't worry about them there is a good book called Cat Attacks that they should read. It even has a whole chapter about Cuyamaca State Park. It is a good eye opener.

It took me a minute but found it. I also saw the "black bear". NBK, is that in San Diego County?

i can almost guarantee that if you have spent any length of time out in the sticks, the little Kitty's we call long tails have watched/seen and or smelt you out there and took a look.

not much we can do

I want to see more the foot prints

Yup - local mountains of San Diego...

NBK said:
Yup - local mountains of San Diego...

I don't like them. I think they are an underestimated predator. Never seen one on the wild but if I did, I'd have my line in the sand.....assuming I saw it before it saw me.

yup! those cats are dangerous. ive seen a few before, laguna is home to a bunch of them :)

I've been hunting for about 15 years now. Although my buddy and I are almost certain we spotted one in the dark at Lake Sutherland (walking in to the corral area for a turkey hunt), I have no confirmed sightings. I get the heebie-jeebies when I'm out in the dark, or calling turkeys, etc. Each time I do, I remember back when I opened an Outdoor Life, and saw a "This Happened To Me" describing a lion attack on two turkey hunters in Cuyamaca!

I must admit that I do want to see a lion in the wild, but only when I see them and they don't see me. I'm sure there have been plenty of times that they saw me but I didn't see them....heebie-jeebies again!

Re: Look what showed up in the stand today - Can you say MEOOOW

Ive seen 3 or four i also saw three young ones on the first day of quail season in the middle of the road

Went up last week in the a.m. and around 8:00am I had six bucks come bolting down the hill one of the spikes looked like he has terrified, ears peeled back and looking like he had been ran to death. Went back up for evening hunt and at 5:00pm in the day light here comes a monster cat, huge male. He walked in front of me at 30 yards and I got some great pics of him. I know where this cat lives and I have seen his foot prints during the winter season but this is one cat I do not want to deal with during daylight or at any time.

Attachments

• 2012-11-02 17.03.14.jpg
    2012-11-02 17.03.14.jpg
    324.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 2012-11-02 17.03.32.jpg
    2012-11-02 17.03.32.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 2012-11-02 17.03.44.jpg
    2012-11-02 17.03.44.jpg
    314.1 KB · Views: 6
Game over. Find a new spot.

I know they are out there but I like to tell myself that they're not in my area.

Yea it has been slow since he came by but the funny thing is the big bucks i have been dropping these last few years all come
from where he lives and where he was heading friday, you never know.

those are some awesome pictures. So I wonder if it will have cubs(kits,kittens)?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu