More California BS

Shadowlawnskysthelimit

Mar 5, 2021
My nephew started hunting birds with me 3 years ago. In that time he has only purchased steel ammo.
He purchased a Beretta shotgun 3 years ago and the following year a 9 mm pistol; at that time he was living in Eastvale. He has since moved back where he was raised in Huntington Beach.
He went Friday to Turners in FV to get some lead shells to join me yesterday morning at my monthly Union Trap and Sheet.
He was denied to buy ammo because his guns are registered to his old address and has since got a new Drivers License with his new address.
The staff at Turners told him he would need to purchase a new weapon with new address and then he would be able to buy whatever ammo he needs.
Is that some BS, IMO guns are registered to a person not an
address ??
Any of you folks experienced this ??
From what I’ve been able to find; he can re-register the guns to his new address; for a fee of course !!
Man I hate this state more
every day !!!!

Yup all information has to match your current address. My friend had same issue when he moved from Norco to Lakewood. He had purchased a fire arm while in Norco and that was the address that was on file, he went to Ammo brothers and was denied ammo purchase. He has since changed all information to match current address and then purchased a new hand gun. It's all 2nd amendment BS we have to deal with in this f&*ked up state.

He can update his information by going into his CFARS account (or creating a new CFARS account). He can create/update on the link below. If he doesn't have an account, he can create on. This should solve his problem. Doesn't matter where his firearms were registered. His CFARS account needs to match his current ID. It may take a few weeks to update.

Here is the Link:

CFARS Link

He can update his information by going into his CFARS account (or creating a new CFARS account). He can create/update on the link below. If he doesn't have an account, he can create on. This should solve his problem. Doesn't matter where his firearms were registered. His CFARS account needs to match his current ID. It may take a few weeks to update.

Here is the Link:

CFARS Link
One of my friends tried that way, I say tried, but he is computer illiterate.

Can lead a horse to water...

Maybe someone can help him.

I feel your pain NBK and couldn’t take it any more. Still spend some time in CA but now a resident in the mountains of Idaho and loving it. Recently ordered a new elk caliber rifle over the phone and at the end of the ordering process the ID gal asked...would you like a suppressor? And what a joy to go online, order ammo, and have delivered to your front door just a couple of days later. Remember those days???

Reactions: ilovesprig

Here is the Link:

CFARS Link
It is so rediculous that we as Americans should have to jump through this sort of hoop just to buy ammo. When I was 11 years old I remember buying ammo over the counter for my shotgun and likely other weapons. I have never shot up a school or for that matter ever pointed a weapon at another human being . 2A has to be defended at all cost . Podunk

Had this same issue. The website worked for me in 2 days.

Now try to buy ammo with a PO box on your license. Vehicals all registered to your PO box, power bill in wife's name, ect.

I have to bring the dang title to my house in.

And I've been told if your homeless (no address) your SOL on ammo. How that gets by the woke is beyond me.

Now try to buy ammo with a PO box on your license. Vehicals all registered to your PO box, power bill in wife's name, ect.

I have to bring the dang title to my house in.

And I've been told if your homeless (no address) your SOL on ammo. How that gets by the woke is beyond me.
Sounds like if you have a mailing address on your DL, which California allows, you're unable to purchase ammo

I've seen people being turned away at Sportsman Wearhouse, over their address not being updated and or having an out of state DL. Unless they are military and have a military ID with them and or orders showing they are stationed out here.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu