Mount Laguna Private Land WTF ????

ppbets

Nov 12, 2012
I saw recently on Xmaps while scouting that mount laguna is know separate in diferent parcels with multiple owners , anyone know about this ????
Its supose to be National Forest ??
Im hunt there for almost 10 years if this posible ??

Hmmmm….I think you're asking, if CNF has private property/parcels in amongst the national forest...The answer is yes.

I saw recently on Xmaps while scouting that mount laguna is know separate in diferent parcels with multiple owners , anyone know about this ????
Its supose to be National Forest ??
Im hunt there for almost 10 years if this posible ??
I see what your talking about.... There are alot of houses in those areas. While they own the structure they do not own the land it sits on or the surrounding areas.

It might be worth reaching out directly to OnX and see where they got that information.

I use on x maps for years and never see mount laguna divide in parcels until yesterday in those areas, 2 of that areas is almost not homes there,

I use on x maps for years and never see mount laguna divide in parcels until yesterday in those areas, 2 of that areas is almost not homes there,
Im not worried about the update. MOST of the time regular private property is outlined and shows no color inside the property boundary. Technically there are multiple owners of houses in those areas but they dont own the land shown in green (CNF property). I would assume the information is based on parcel numbers via the county. With all the construction going on there with the utilities being buried, maybe something was missing in the county records that was corrected.

Im not worried about the update. MOST of the time regular private property is outlined and shows no color inside the property boundary. Technically there are multiple owners of houses in those areas but they dont own the land shown in green (CNF property). I would assume the information is based on parcel numbers via the county. With all the construction going on there with the utilities being buried, maybe something was missing in the county records that was corrected.

Yes I investigate with some friends and need to be something like that.

remember..on x is an app... that 150 is pretty important regardless of who owns it.. that rule is designed to hurt...it puts a damper on many aspiring forky killers...and has also saved many a forky lives...uggh..the 150 rule..

Last edited:
Reactions: longbowhunter2

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu