My 2022 Solo Hunt..

HATCHET1

"yes,it killed the hound..ferocious bitch she was"
Aug 2, 2013
With all hunters tagged out in A zone and D zone..I found myself with some free time this season..a rarity ..so I thought to myself..Hmmm..if I happen to locate a particular buck that I had seen before season in the D zone...I would prolly pic up a tag and Hunt Him....well...I located him late one evening at about 1000 yds following a doe ..doing the boner thing..lip curling..racking brush..chasing off a little buck..the whole fck show....so that evening I did something I've only done twice before In 19 years on this particular acreage...I bought a tag...that place is damn lucky to have me..I deserve it..that's what I kept telling my self as I drove to the establishment to secure the coveted over the counter tag, I was pumped for the next morning........to be continued.........................

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221022-194241.png
    Screenshot_20221022-194241.png
    484.3 KB · Views: 35
Not sure what a boal is.. enlighten us John?

Copy...my mind is fried along with my back and legs.. little slow today..

With all hunters tagged out in A zone and D zone..I found myself with some free time this season..a rarity ..so I thought to myself..Hmmm..if I happen to locate a particular buck that I had seen before season in the D zone...I would prolly pic up a tag and Hunt Him....well...I located him late one evening at about 1000 yds following a doe ..doing the boner thing..lip curling..racking brush..chasing off a little buck..the whole fck show....so that evening I did something I've only done twice before In 19 years on this particular acreage...I bought a tag...that place is damn lucky to have me..I deserve it..that's what I kept telling my self as I drove to the establishment to secure the coveted over the counter tag, I was pumped for the next morning........to be continued.........................
You deserve it with all you do for everyone else. GET SOME!!!

Reactions: HATCHET1
...as the darkness drew closer...I knew he would live a another day...as the alarm went off at o dark thirty .I awoke the next morning with the hopes of getting a "20" on him at first light
.*20 is a location in 10 code for you civilians..10-20*...no such luck..it was prolly a bout 10 am when I decided to pack it up and switch location...just them I happened to catch movement cross canyon....it was in hell canyon..a place I've dealt with these bucks before in the past..and not for the faint hearted...one must be as sure footed as a mountain goat to get in and out of there in one piece...as I looked thru the 60x Leupold glass at an even further distance from the previous night... I immediately identified him as old "lefty"..do to having an eye guard on his left side.." we hate eye guards out there"....I watched him corral his doe into a group of oaks at about 1800 yds ...all the time looking back at a little shit head that was trying to sneak in for a quick pork job...he wasn't having any of juniors antics ..he kicked that litle bastards ass up and down that mountain big time..only then to disappear with his girlfriend into the abyss off oaks and brush...never to re appear...it was now about 1130 am..and I knew it was time to dawn the badlands sacrifice pac..and start my assent into and up hells canyon , get in there and put my best ISHI like Cherokee sneak on......it's was time to Dig Deep 16ers..real deep...........to be continued...

.Screenshot_20221023-173637.pngScreenshot_20221026-133013.png

Last edited by a moderator:
...as the darkness drew closer...I knew he would live a another day...as the alarm went off at o dark thirty .I awoke the next morning with the hopes of getting a "20" on him at first light
.*20 is a location in 10 code for you civilians..10-20*...no such luck..it was prolly a bout 10 am when I decided to pack it up and switch location...just them I happened to catch movement cross canyon....it was in hell canyon..a place I've dealt with these bucks before in the past..and not for the faint hearted...one must be as sure footed as a mountain goat to get in and out of there in one piece...as I looked thru the 60x Leupold glass at an even further distance from the previous night... I immediately identified him as old "lefty"..do to having an eye guard on his left side.." we hate eye guards out there"....I watched him corral his doe into a group of oaks at about 1800 yds ...all the time looking back at a little shit head that was trying to sneak in for a quick pork job...he wasn't having any of juniors antics ..he kicked that litle bastards ass up and down that mountain big time..only then to disappear with his girlfriend into the abyss off oaks and brush...never to re appear...it was now about 1130 am..and I knew it was time to dawn the badlands sacrifice pac..and start my assent into and up hells canyon , get in there and put my best ISHI like Cherokee sneak on......it's was time to Dig Deep 16ers..real deep...........to be continued...
No hill for a climber. Time to muster up the true grit.

Reactions: HATCHET1

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu