My boy drew X9A

We arrived at the campground late Friday afternoon and set up out tents. Opening morning we parked at the base of the mountain and started glassing at first light. Guys were already hiking in and a vehicle was parked every 200-300 yards apart. Some clowns drive up in a car and park 10 yards from us and get out with their rifles ready to hunt. We got out of the truck and had a little conversation with them and convinced them to leave and go somewhere else. We spotted a group of about 8 bucks up on the face and we went up after them. As my son was working his way towards them I could see other hunters converging the area. My son got 250 yards and took the first two shots of the morning at a nice 23-24 " 4*4 and missed. He does not know how he missed but he did. Did some glassing the rest of the day and seen a few buck that were killed. The next night the rain lightning and thunder started and poured all night. Long story short the next morning we went over to an area we saw a small buck the night before and we parked and glassed. My son spotted the buck at 149 yards and took a shot and missed low. Next shot we say hold high on its back and he drills it! It was a small 3+2 and he had a big smile the whole time dragging it back to the truck.

congrats thats awesome, I wonder if I ran into you hunting . where about did you hunt ? Im going back up this weekend to hunt and hopefuly fill my tag so that I can get home and start working on my tag there .

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu