My Dog Sprig

WaterDog

Apr 18, 2020
Nor Cal, The Twilight Zone
Just thought I’d post a picture of my lab Sprig. I took the pic while he was sitting next to my duck blind. He’s scanning the horizon for ducks as he always does. Yes I know I forgot to remove his red collar that day but we did get limits and none flared because of it. I’ve had labs for 30+ years and he is the best of all of them and they were all great dogs. I got him at 14 months as a started dog. He has been the best trained, most obedient, best hunting, most affectionate dog I’ve had. When he was young and being trained he was featured in articles in 6 issues of CWA magazine. I like to think of him as a celebrity. He’s an aggressive hunter both upland and waterfowl in the field and a mellow laid back guy at home.
He’s retired as of this year due to age (he’s 13) and some medical problems. He currently spends his days as a spoiled couch potato. He may not be able to hunt any longer but he and I have many many great memories. Enjoy the pic.
B5AF79A9-69DB-45E0-A1F5-03677602CC77.jpeg

Just thought I’d post a picture of my lab Sprig. I took the pic while he was sitting next to my duck blind. He’s scanning the horizon for ducks as he always does. Yes I know I forgot to remove his red collar that day but we did get limits and none flared because of it. I’ve had labs for 30+ years and he is the best of all of them and they were all great dogs. I got him at 14 months as a started dog. He has been the best trained, most obedient, best hunting, most affectionate dog I’ve had. When he was young and being trained he was featured in articles in 6 issues of CWA magazine. I like to think of him as a celebrity. He’s an aggressive hunter both upland and waterfowl in the field and a mellow laid back guy at home.
He’s retired as of this year due to age (he’s 13) and some medical problems. He currently spends his days as a spoiled couch potato. He may not be able to hunt any longer but he and I have many many great memories. Enjoy the pic.
View attachment 44574
Kudos to you for realizing its time for retirement , I'm sure he'll a great retirement. Cheers to a geat dog who had a great run! Looking forward to those retirement photos.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu