My dogs getting the hang of it

D16hunter

Jun 28, 2012
San Diego
I went down to the valley yesterday and killed a few euros and pigeons yesterday. Didn't kill many but the best part was watching my dog Sasquatch retrieve. She's did three retrieves down a 30 ft cliff to get birds in brush over my head and didn't lose any birds. I'm super happy to know have a bird dog.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422040476.271176.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422040476.271176.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 34
That's awsome. Isn't it a great site to see your pup running back with a bird in the mouth. Looks like the hunting wasn't bad? I was thinking of going down this weekend but can't make it. I hope I don't mis much.

Slayersmith said:
Sweet dog!

Might want to check the regulations on the pigeons though.

Aaron,

I have found out that it was a typo in the Imperial Co. regs.......Per Jason Green, Game warden.

Maybe its just the photo but Sasquatch is looking like a big girl! maybe a few less jack links

Aeon said:
Maybe its just the photo but Sasquatch is looking like a big girl! maybe a few less jack links
No kidding she's fat lol my dad doesn't believe it though. Wierd thing is We feed her 2 cups of dog food a day no treats at all and she never gets any human food. but her weight hasn't got in the way of her hunting yet and she's super athletic

it will..... maybe try 1.5 cups for a bit and see what she does. also i am a huge fan of only feeding at night. every jump is wear and tear on the joints and if they are packing around a extra 10lbs its huge in the life of the dog.
Modify message

D16hunter said:
Slayersmith said:
Sweet dog!

Pigeons are legal their not bandtail pigeons

It had been stated in the Imperial Co. regulations that the domestic pigeon/rock dove were illegal to take......The fact is, it's still there.

Attachments

• IMPERIAL COUNTY 2014 ΓÇô 2015 HUNTING REGULATIONS[1].pdf
    110.4 KB · Views: 10
ilovesprig said:
D16hunter said:
Slayersmith said:
Sweet dog!

Pigeons are legal their not bandtail pigeons

It had been stated in the Imperial Co. regulations that the domestic pigeon/rock dove were illegal to take......The fact is, it's still there.

I'm confused are pigeons legal to take?

ilovesprig said:
Slayersmith said:
Sweet dog!

Aaron,

I have found out that it was a typo in the Imperial Co. regs.......Per Jason Green, Game warden.

Good to hear it was a Typo, Steve! Thanks for clearing it up.

Aeon said:
it will..... maybe try 1.5 cups for a bit and see what she does. also i am a huge fan of only feeding at night. every jump is wear and tear on the joints and if they are packing around a extra 10lbs its huge in the life of the dog.
Modify message
I'm taking your advice and feeding 1 1/2 cups a day instead of 2

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu