My Dove Opener Vid

Looks like a cools spot with all the dove weed and no people.
Yeah it was a cool little spot. There is some sort of plant rehabitation attempt there so the grass was cut exposing the dirt between all the dove weed.
Made me wonder if a little work with a rake and a sling blade would make other spots better.

Here's my somewhat unconventional style and location for my dove opener. 12 birds down. Next day I dropped a limit and yesterday I took another 13, will have those edited and up at some point as well.

Nice video! Looks like a rad spot..definitely looks a little tough to spot the downed birds but I like that style of kicking them up. I couldnt sit still in the hot sun so I kept walking around. Your shooting was great compared to mine..spend one afternoon with me and you'll feel like a sharp shooter..I definitely need more practice.

Thanks for sharing. A dove hunt that feels more like a quail hunt. Cool.

Steve,

Thick turkey melon (dove weed) is always a good thing...Thanks for sharing

ps...Careful reaching down for doves...Twice I've reached down and there was a big old rattler... :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Dawnandusk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu