My FIRST turkey

Great looking Tom and the one u will always remember. I know I still remember my first ,and that was a long time ago.

Reactions: CLarson757
I read you can make a Turkey snitchzel with the breast if you butterfly them up. There's also an episode in the newest Meateater season on Netflix where they show how to cook the Turkey 3 ways. They make a liver pâté, smoked breast and braised the legs down for a while to make tacos.

Congrats!!!

I made this recipe last year with the dark meat & would highly recommend it.

And this one for the breast was amazing.

I read you can make a Turkey snitchzel with the breast if you butterfly them up. There's also an episode in the newest Meateater season on Netflix where they show how to cook the Turkey 3 ways. They make a liver pâté, smoked breast and braised the legs down for a while to make tacos.

I’ll have to watch that one now!

Congrats!!!

I made this recipe last year with the dark meat & would highly recommend it.

And this one for the breast was amazing.

I smoked the two legs and the meat was great. Just kind of a pain to cut around the tendons. Next one I’ll probably try to boil the legs up and make tacos. 7F236495-14AE-4D5B-BF21-5A3A2CA9EF51.jpeg7F236495-14AE-4D5B-BF21-5A3A2CA9EF51.jpeg

Congratulations beautiful bird. I shot my first one a couple years ago and I’m itching to go again .

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu