National Forest closures

yeah, i know they're suppose to open at midnight tomorrow 9/22, but i can't imagine someone doesn't have a connection with someone at USFS. curious if anyone has any scoop

yeah, i know they're suppose to open at midnight tomorrow 9/22, but i can't imagine someone doesn't have a connection with someone at USFS. curious if anyone has any scoop
I do. She has not responded to my text yet. I'm going to give her a call around 2 (work permitting) and I'll let y'all know what she has to say.

I’ve called a few offices and they have messages setup that just say the forest is closed and to check online.

Heard back. There's a "really good" possibility the forests will re-open but still waiting for more information to confirm. Stand by to stand by.

I just wen to forest service department of Agriculture web page. Looks like So. Cal forest opens 9-22.

03 was dea looking for weed grows and flew a black hawk in to power lines

A negative........The Cedar Fire was started by a lost hunter setting a signal fire. ... The fire was reported at 5:37 p.m. on October 25, 2003. Within hours, Santa Ana winds raged from the Cuyamaca Mountains, flames hurled southwest at speeds of up to 6,000 acres an hour.

A negative........The Cedar Fire was started by a lost hunter setting a signal fire. ... The fire was reported at 5:37 p.m. on October 25, 2003. Within hours, Santa Ana winds raged from the Cuyamaca Mountains, flames hurled southwest at speeds of up to 6,000 acres an hour.
You are 100 percent right, i was wrong

Damn Steve can't you be a little more specific. Like how many trees were burned and what kind? :joy:

Damn Steve can't you be a little more specific. Like how many trees were burned and what kind? :joy:

John,

Mostly canyon, black, and live oak in the mountains (some pine)....Chaparral is the dominant force in these kind of fires....Once it hit Poway, Scripps, and other cities farther west, eucalyptus took a beating....Just the facts, ma'am.... :blush:

Cedar Fire
Date(s)October 25, 2003 – December 5, 2003
Burned area273,246 acres (1,106 km2)
CauseSignal fire
Buildings destroyed2,232 homes 22 commercial properties 566 outbuildings

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu