National Forest closures

It's not the state that closed the forests it's the Forest Service. They did the same thing in Arizona before the monsoons to prevent more wild fires. They are trying the same tactic in CA . Hopefully this short closure works because a wild fire would really be disasterous and definitely close down hunting season. Relax and hope for rain.

Reactions: Wildgame
So much for opening day in the national forests of CA. This state is run so poorly it’s be comical… if it didn’t directly affect me.

This is not a CA decision, but US Forest Service (the Feds). I know this goes against the grain, but this was easily been predicted months ago with the drought and based on last years closure. Sorry, but as a guy who lost everything in the '07 fires, I'd rather be safe that sorry. I'll hunt BLM.

Reactions: Wildgame
This is not a CA decision, but US Forest Service (the Feds). I know this goes against the grain, but this was easily been predicted months ago with the drought and based on last years closure. Sorry, but as a guy who lost everything in the '07 fires, I'd rather be safe that sorry. I'll hunt BLM.
It IS infact a California based decision for FS lands.
So apparently the BLM lands must not be dry and susceptible to wildfire as much as FS land then??

It IS infact a California based decision for FS lands.
So apparently the BLM lands must not be dry and susceptible to wildfire as much as FS land then??

Its more about the people who use NF land are more likely to cause the fires. Think about the gender reveal party last year.

The funny thing to me is that CNF has been getting rain on the day they closed it.

Rumor has it BLM is next...damn...Joe gonna pull the covid card .

Its more about the people who use NF land are more likely to cause the fires. Think about the gender reveal party last year.

The funny thing to me is that CNF has been getting rain on the day they closed it.
Right, I get that. I was kinda being an ass.

BS what the heck is a hunter or hiker gonna do to cause a fire. Those random hunter caused fires happen all the time. There hasn’t been camping fires allowed in our backcountry for years. How is a bow hunter gonna cause a fire? Public land is our property, this is an anti hunting agenda.

Last edited:
BS what the heck is a hunter or hiker gonna do to cause a fire. Those random hunter caused fires happen all the time there hasn’t been camping fires in our backcountry for years. How is a bow hunter gonna cause a fire. Public land is our property this is an anti hunting agenda at work.

the amusing part is that we have had light rain this week. Lol

BS what the heck is a hunter or hiker gonna do to cause a fire. Those random hunter caused fires happen all the time. There hasn’t been camping fires allowed in our backcountry for years. How is a bow hunter gonna cause a fire? Public land is our property, this is an anti hunting agenda.
Well I'm pretty sure all hunters, hikers and camper adhere to the regulations all the time. The witch creek fire in '03 was caused by a hunter in the back country as an example, do you remember how many homes and lives were lost in that fire?

Well I'm pretty sure all hunters, hikers and camper adhere to the regulations all the time. The witch creek fire in '03 was caused by a hunter in the back country as an example, do you remember how many homes and lives were lost in that fire?

Actually, that was the Cedar Fire...And was started by a hunter who got lost...It was also well known that that fire could've been contained early, but FS decided not to send in air support...The rest is history.

In 2007, the Witch Creek fire was caused by downed power lines and winds that pushed 60+...In either case, Mother Nature plays a large role...I personally don't see the need to close public lands...This country needs to burn occasionally.

Yes some of my neighbors houses burnt down and we were evacuated for a week in Blossom Valley. But when you choose to live in a fire area that’s your choice you know the risk. If people are afraid of fires maybe they should move to the city. Your choice of home location means nothing to me and my right to hunt public lands.
People get in car accidents every day and we don’t shut the freeways down.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu