New Air Rifle

Sorry I could of swore you said you took the air rifle out in that post I was like damn that's one sexy little rifle.
Old age I guess lol
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sorry I could of swore you said you took the air rifle out in that post I was like damn that's one sexy little rifle.
Old age I guess lol

I did have the AiRi Gauntlet with me...Killed that one rabbit with the .17

Reactions: CAL'NDN
Oh ok I'm not that old I must miss understood. Got it twisted.

Excluding PCP guns a spring or piston gun has almost like a reverse recoil is best I can describe. Many scopes are not built to handle this and can sometimes break. Hawke is a known company that makes "Airgun" rated scopes.

Reactions: Designed2Hunt
Most of the guns I use are very high dollar, I would never afford them without sponsorship. You don't need to spend a ton of money to get out and do some hunting with an Airgun. Plenty of gas piston/spring guns available now for a reasonable price. I loved my Benjamin Trail 1100 XL, was a fantastic rifle in .22/ I think you can still find them for sale new. Like mentioned I would suggest whatever you get, do some practice at various ranges and invest in good quality pellets. JSB brand is about the most consistent as far as weight and uniformity. Don't fall for the box store crap just because it's cheap and claims super velocity. Accuracy is king with airguns, we have to get in closer and make that first shot count. I would take a break barrel over a pump rifle if I could chose one. Most animals aren't going to sit around and wait for you to pump. Lol

Maurader would be my choice, overall. But, there are a lot of good choices that aren't high-pressure air, like a Diana 48.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have the same thought.
I own a Diana 48, installed a 10 moa drop compensator (that may be didn't need) and a UTG 3x9x40 scope. It is deadly as it can be. It gives you a work out if you try to shoot 100 pellets back to back though...

Reactions: Muledeerhunter
Dana will be able to explain, but air rifle recoil is different than a standard HP rifle...Has something to do with reverse recoil or something like that...Buy an air rifle scope...2 cents

Ditto. I had a break rifle and used an old weaver K4 on it but it gave out

Lol one that cost twice what the guns worth. It's a Hawke Frontier 2.5-15x50 I primary use it for filming as it gives an excellent picture with the Tactacam. The lower end Vantage model works pretty good, the quality of glass is not as great though. Lots of times guns get paired with scopes and have found they usually are garbage. It's truly amazing to me how much we can miss looking through blurry glass. I never noticed this until I started using some of the Tier 1 scopes like S&B, Kahles and Nightforce.

Last edited:
My Gauntlet is marked at 3000 psi as the max...With a hand pump (provided)...It ain't easy getting there…. ;)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu