New Benelli Shotgun

Ocurtis

Dec 28, 2016
San Diego
Alright Y'all I'm buying a shotgun. Need input on models. Currently leaning towards the super black eagle 3. I want it for everything from trap, waterfowl, to upland game. We're heading to Idaho currently, then on to tricities Washington where we will do some hunting.

Input?

Merry Christmas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great gun I love mine, the only difference in that and the M2 is the SBE shoots 3 1/2 inch shells. So if you don't shoot the bigger shell save your money and get the M2. IMO

Great gun I love mine, the only difference in that and the M2 is the SBE shoots 3 1/2 inch shells. So if you don't shoot the bigger shell save your money and get the M2. IMO

Owen,

Totally agree with Mark...And I shoot a SBE

I'm gonna throw a brick in the works just to shake it up, Benneli makes a great gun I own two super 90's but the question you have to ask yourself is do I need a gun that shoots 3 1/2's and am I willing to drag the extra weight around and a gun that slaps you and does not swing as well as let's say a Beretta a400 (argueably the best semi auto on the planet at this moment in time (ask Aeon he probaly kills more waterfowl during the season and then goes after pheasents and quail with it in Mex than anyone else on this board. IMO while the sbe is a very capable firearm it is far more than anyone will ever rise to the occasion and need and beyond the specialized circumstances you may encounter is probably going to make you less effective and compromise your abilty to get on target with smaller game and swing and put shot on target. It is a big heavy gun and not suited to all pursuits and be satisfactory to all hunt venues. Imo if you want a one gun shotgun armory you would be better suited to a Remington 870 wigmaster or if you want auto a Benneli super 90 or Bretta a400. Just say in what i think...

Reactions: Ocurtis
I'm gonna throw a brick in the works just to shake it up, Benneli makes a great gun I own two super 90's but the question you have to ask yourself is do I need a gun that shoots 3 1/2's and am I willing to drag the extra weight around and a gun that slaps you and does not swing as well as let's say a Beretta a400 (argueably the best semi auto on the planet at this moment in time (ask Aeon he probaly kills more waterfowl during the season and then goes after pheasents and quail with it in Mex than anyone else on this board. IMO while the sbe is a very capable firearm it is far more than anyone will ever rise to the occasion and need and beyond the specialized circumstances you may encounter is probably going to make you less effective and compromise your abilty to get on target with smaller game and swing and put shot on target. It is a big heavy gun and not suited to all pursuits and be satisfactory to all hunt venues. Imo if you want a one gun shotgun armory you would be better suited to a Remington 870 wigmaster or if you want auto a Benneli super 90 or Bretta a400. Just say in what i think...

Appreciate it! I have a Remington 870 mag - shoots 3 1/2". I started this pursuit woth the beretta a400 but I was swung to the Benelli for less maintenance. Not a factor? What's the weight difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no maintenance down side to the a400. I actually did something odd the first year i got it. Went the whole season with out cleaning it. From sept dove to the end feb duck. Zero FTF and that was right out of the box 1oz crappy dove loads to 3" hevi metal duck loads. Full disclosure the gun did have a failure in year 3. The big spring on the end of the gas regulation valve broke and was causing it to close to fast not letting the light loads cycle. 5$ part and good to go.

There is zero wrong with the benelli shotguns the first real shotgun i ever purchased as a adult was a HK import super 90 montifeltro in the late 80s. I still shoot it over 30 years and many many thousands of rounds later.

One upside to the m2 is you can get a 3" gun in plastic. with the beretta you have to shoot a 3.5 to get a camo gun, just stupid beretta! MOST of us do not need the big 3.5 rounds.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu