New Mexico draw posted

What did everyone draw? I drew a unit 29 mule deer Nov 9-13
I know you are already talking to a guy who knows the unit. He will point you in the right direction. We hunted that unit for Audad a few years back and saw some real nice bucks. Nasty country get good boots, big glass, and be prepared to stretch your new rig out.

Last edited:
Reactions: KoozeDeer
we did not draw alice dick...nor did pops who is a resident there..just hoping that A zone tag comes thru in Ca this year..17points and counting!

Reactions: Kellendv
I know you are already talking to a guy who knows the unit. He will point you in the right direction. We hunted that unit for Audad a few years back and saw some real nice bucks. Nasty country get good boots, big glass, and be prepared to stretch your new rig out.
Thank you, quick question. We normally hunt out of my Jeep. But that is a long drive, I would like to take my 2wd pick up. What’s the terrain like? Is 4wd needed?

Thank you, quick question. We normally hunt out of my Jeep. But that is a long drive, I would like to take my 2wd pick up. What’s the terrain like? Is 4wd needed?

Don't know where Unit 29 is, but I've hunted both the Lincoln & Gila NF's for turkey and I can tell you...Many of the roads are rough and the rocks are sharp...Have the best tires you can afford and if you get weather...I'd certainly want a 4x4.

ps...Some of the forestry roads are pretty good...So you might be able to tow your Jeep pretty close.

You could do it with out 4x4 but I wouldn’t reccomend it unless you stay on the maintained roads. There are dirt roads so as long as you stay on the main dirt roads you will be fine. Where The other guy is going to tell you to go you can make it with out 4x4. There are some other areas where 4x4 was necessary off the roads lots of soft sand and washed out 2 tracks.

You could do it with out 4x4 but I wouldn’t reccomend it unless you stay on the maintained roads. There are dirt roads so as long as you stay on the main dirt roads you will be fine. Where The other guy is going to tell you to go you can make it with out 4x4. There are some other areas where 4x4 was necessary off the roads lots of soft sand and washed out 2 tracks.
Thank you

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu