New scope help

If it is a 2nd focal plane scope the BDC will only work at a specific magnification there should be a couple marks on your scope where the magnification is. If you look in the manual one will be for 30cal bullets going a a rough velocity and the other will be for like 6.5ish cal bullets.
you will have to have your scope set to that magnification every time you use the BDC. The only thing that will stay the same when you adjust magnification is the center crosshairs. So let’s say 7 power is your magnification lever for your bullet size and velocity if you use the BDC at 3x it will not work correctly.
Keep in mind that every bullet and velocity is different and the factory mark on the scope for your bullet might not be perfect but for hunting situations under 400 yards as long as you have it on the right magnification you will be ok.

^ this.

No one has any business shooting further at game than they have validated / practiced before hand at targets....

Reactions: ilovesprig
I just got back from range and got her sighted in out to 200 yards because that's as far as I can shoot at that range. Next week I'll take it out to 400 yard range. So far everything worked as advertised. Thanks for input guys.

Reactions: Muledeerhunter
That big girl elk is in trouble,..KAPOOW!!

I have that scope on a .30 .06. Zero is at 200 yards. That set up has taken three deer. None by me. Juniors. They had no issues hitting deer from a 100 yards to 130 yards with the 200 yard zero. I would not go past 300 yards. I just don’t think the glass is good enough for the 400 yard plus shots. But that is for my skill level.

John

Im looking to get a new scope for my new rifle build. Ive been looking into An Arken SH 4 6x24x50 GenII. Any one? All the reviews says it the shit for a scope at the $500 price point. Any thoughts.

Im looking to get a new scope for my new rifle build. Ive been looking into An Arken SH 4 6x24x50 GenII. Any one? All the reviews says it the shit for a scope at the $500 price point. Any thoughts.
Is this a hunting or a bench rest rifle? That is definitely not a hunting scope. For $500 I do not think there is a better scope than the Leupold VX-3HD.

Reactions: Stikbrandon
I bought a Leupod VX3i for my 308. Last year that i really like. Hard to beat. Thats foresure. I may have to rethink this thu and save up my money....And get the 3HD or the 5HD.

Reactions: TRICER
I bought a Leupod VX3i for my 308. Last year that i really like. Hard to beat. Thats foresure. I may have to rethink this thu and save up my money....And get the 3HD or the 5HD.
I have a few 3i and just got my first 3HD. Leupold took it to the next level with the zero stop and ultralight weight.

The 3i LRP are zero stop but they are or were over $1k. Standard 3i were not. The 3HD is a lot of scope for the money.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu