New Truck Advice

Wister Junkie

Nov 2, 2016
So I destroyed my truck this week, rolled/flipped it and by God's grace walked away. 20210424_155116.jpg

So now I need a new truck. Would prefer a diesel long bed and be price around 40k-50k. Wanted to see what guys like or don't like about different models and get advice and pros/cons. Thanks

Glad your okay.

I have an '06 Duramax and if I was going to get something newer, it would be a Dodge Ram with Cummings diesel.

There is no perfect truck for me.
I work on them and see the benefit that each brand has to offer. Drive trainwise, imho I would go with a truck that has a cummins engine (dodge or nissan titan) an Allison 1000 transmission ( chevy ) manual transfercase ( not available anymore, I believe)
Cabin wise, I preffer Ford, the crew cab is the one that has the bigger rear doors that I have seen so far.

Reactions: Designed2Hunt
Dennis Dillon or Dave Smith?
Went with Dillon on a custom order Power Wagon little over 8k below MSRP. Closest I could get in CA or AZ was 2K off, and Carl Burger wanted 10K over and wouldn’t let me test drive the unless I promised to purchase it. Once it arrives if there are incentives from dodge they take those off as well plus military etc. if you join Tread Lightly after 30 days you qualify for 1% more off MSRP, membership is 100$ and you get discounts to discount tire and other off-road stuff. I also contacted Peterson dodge in ID and Gupton motors in TN, Gupton and Dillon offered best deal, went with Dillon because it is closer. Dave smith I think makes good deals that are on the lot not ordered, and they will do everything online, fax, over the phone and will coordinate to ship.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Holy cow that looked brutal. Good luck getting a new truck. If you want a used truck my old man has a 2012 f250 diesel for sale 30k obo.
20210410_110651.jpg20210410_110742.jpg20210410_110908.jpg

If you go Dodge hit me up I found a place out of state was about 7-8k below MSRP.
Dave Smith in Idaho? Normally can get more discount than that anywhere but Covid has made tough. **Disregard, I'm a little late to the party

Glad you are okay! If you haven't seen it already the used and new truck markets are a lot like the housing market right now.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu