News-Santee Lands Sportsman’s Warehouse

John,

Not Wal-Mart, but Fed Mart and K Mart basically put me out of business (bait & tackle store)...I have no animosity towards them or any other store...Capitalism

I can't argue your logic Steve. I am a fan of capitalism. The problem is that Walmart and Amazon become your only option. They are also brutal on their suppliers. Specifically Walmart.

I choose not to support a company that operates with ruthless principles and practices. The beauty of being an American. Shop on brother!

I can't argue your logic Steve. I am a fan of capitalism. The problem is that Walmart and Amazon become your only option. They are also brutal on their suppliers. Specifically Walmart.

I choose not to support a company that operates with ruthless principles and practices. The beauty of being an American. Shop on brother!

John,

Totally agree...That's why I was disappointed when BPS bought out Cabela's...And glad that Sportsman's pulled out of the deal with them.

I remember the days when Cabelas sent you multiple catalogs every season and I would book mark and order everthing I needed for the coming year. You got to talk to a real human being when you ordered and review each selection as well as ask questions. Those days are long gone as well as my patronage and with how they have adopted their new business profile. Was in a Cabelas in Denver a couple weeks ago. It sucked. They used to display everything you could think of. I am used to be being a fly fisherman and there I could find it all, not so anymore just basic stuff and a very poor fly selection. The world of sportsman and what we need has gone backwards..

John,

Not Wal-Mart, but Fed Mart and K Mart basically put me out of business (bait & tackle store)...I have no animosity towards them or any other store...Capitalism
There’s no Kmart to hold a grudge against anyway. Victims of the same trend they started.

Problem with Walmart is they put little gun stores out of business then decided to drop guns then ammo when that got too troublesome.

Good opportunity for new stores since they won’t have to compete with Walmart directly now.

Reactions: ilovesprig
There’s no Kmart to hold a grudge against anyway. Victims of the same trend they started.

Problem with Walmart is they put little gun stores out of business then decided to drop guns then ammo when that got too troublesome.

Good opportunity for new stores since they won’t have to compete with Walmart directly now.

Evan,

That's the whole idea of having multiple stores...The state of Commiefornia is hell bent on putting them ALL out of business...Hence, with more stores, it is less likely to ever happen.

I swung by during lunch to check things out. No firearms in the racks and ammo cabinets were papered up to block the view. FFL still in progress I imagine. No powders either (unsurprising). Not as much selection as the Murrieta store, but I'm happy it's here regardless for another local option.

Reactions: DoubleTrouble

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu