Nice California bear

JonnyZ

Nov 6, 2016
Got a chance to chase bears again this year so my buddy and I took our sons and my boys friend out for a nice cold December hunt this past weekend. The area I hunt has had a lot of bears harvested this year but from what I heard there were more still roaming around. We got out Saturday morning to mid 30’s temps with not much of a moon. My buddy spotted her around 930 gorging on acorns. Got set up at 131 yds and put one on her with the new 7 mag that @NBK and Fine Firearms just recently finished building for me. 150 gr. TTSX payed the hammer down! This is my second bear I’ve been able to take with my son in tow…not to mention he had been a part of some of my best hunting moments. Suffice to say he’s becoming my good luck charm and the truth is, he knows it! Wasn’t a giant, about 5’7” but more fat than could fill a dozen mason jars after rendering and then some! I could definitely tell the difference in fur between last year’s October bear compared to this year’s December. Not to mention the beautiful color!! Thanks for readingEE8DB441-A6DE-451E-B03D-9FFADA907372.jpegF2ABBA44-4971-4984-8584-E9E130538B07.jpeg850B99B5-A0CD-403C-914E-DD5AC00A9BD3.jpeg2614E48F-ACA4-4AFC-A00D-0A72D73352C4.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic!!!! Way to go Dad!! Kids will always remember these hunts!! So awesome..and great Bear!!

Reactions: JonnyZ
Excellent brother. You are a game killing machine! Nicely done having the family in tow!

Reactions: JonnyZ

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu