Nice to get out "Funny Story"

Crosman999

Jul 26, 2015
Ventura, CA
Went out this past weekend with a fellow member xjon and got after it. Funny story, first hour of walking around I had to go bathroom...found myself a nice bush to squat in. Next thing I know Marley's growling and barking, look over and I'm 3 feet from a Coyote that was bedding down. Haha I'm trying to pull my pants up chasing after this yote. The fact that it was so windy I guess doggy had no idea I'd snuck up on him. Jon and I saw plenty of Yotes, none were connected with but still very exciting. We will head back, the area was very active where I think the chances are great. Will report back and add some photos from our trip together.
yCrSbDM.png
Marley and I doing some scouting
cAoxE7s.jpg

The boys setting up camp
mjhiH3N.jpg

Lindsey taking a rest after some metal detecting
lMRdQ48.jpg

Xjon setting up caller
L1p4xqC.jpg

7DlmV8r.jpg
Several Yotes spotted at 65 yards
eRgVvYF.jpg
Two yotes running up hillside to our right
bn6NlXP.png
Xjon beating himself up
l6iZQ7E.jpg

view worth every amount of work
eaM7ing.jpg

Dinner time
bLdB3tW.jpg

Nightime walkabout

Last edited:
Reactions: rbduffer
That is funny. Not many people like admitting they got caught with their pants down. Now that Coyote is spreading rumors. You'll need to get back up there and put a stop to it. I'm sure that made a good laugh the whole trip. Can't wait for the write up and get the whole story.

Thanks for the laugh! Last June I went hiking around Rocky Mountain NP, went off trail to find a good place to drop a squat...30 seconds in I noticed a brown leg around in a bush 25 yards away...then my game eyes turned on (plus the urgency had been released) and I saw 20 to 30 elk eyes watching me do my business. I somehow walked into the middle a elk herd in some thick brush. So much for privacy! Needless to say, they didn't stick around to watch me wipe.

Reactions: Crosman999

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu