Niland

dhntr48

Oct 7, 2015
Hey Guys I went to Niland for Doves on the first , Looked kinda flooded with all the rain on tuesday . I was stuck in the mud for a bit on pound road , but was able to to get out and head to my second choice location . Not too crowded ,at least not like past years . Mud was bad tues night , the mud made me feel like i was putting Duck decoys out .. Things dried out well by shooting light . I had two Mojos , and 18 decoys out plus a dove tree
The action was fast from first shooting light , Groups of 3 to 20 flying in . It took me about 20 shells to get dialed in . I lost 2 in the field , 3 or 4 fell on the private property behind me , so they did not the Photo shoot . And the owner was out warning us at 4.30 Am not to trespass . I used a dove call , a hunter next to me said . ( that call works great ) He asked what brand it was. At one point I turned west and 80 to 90 doves directly over head . Another time about 40 dove . at times I couldnt load fast enough . So it was fast till 8.30 , then slow and steady, a flury at about 9.30, then slower , then a few around 10.30 then dead . I left about 11 am . I used 71 shells

002.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu