NM Cow Elk Hunt

Herson

Jun 10, 2020
Well... after a good semester at New Mexico Tech we headed south to hunt some cows. I filled my tag opening morning before the sun came up. The ladies were out for some breakfast when we spooked them. After they ran up the hill I let one fly... miss. She then decided to look at me straight on at about 200 yards and I let her have it. The 7mm rem mag smacked the neck and folded her on the spot. The hunt was done for me... we managed to fill 3/4 tags that morning. Here are a few pics of the hunt. tempImageFp1Ok1.pngtempImageaZypml.png

Last edited:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu