NM Cow Elks

GUNDOGLOVER49

Aug 14, 2020
Well it took me until the morning of the last day of a four day hunt to tag out, thank god, I hate tag soup. My friend Greg tagged out on the second day and he got a huge cow, everyone in the cleaning Shed thought it was a big bull, nope big cow. Mine came about 7 AM today, we first saw the small heard at about 300 yards but they went into the brush and did not reappear until they got up the hill and came out from behind juniper and made the mistake of stopping. They turned and look at us but did not move except one turned and gave me a perfect broadside, we ranged it at 460 yards and I let fly 180 gr. of Barnes TSX BT out of my 300 Winmag, lights out, she never took one step and, I suspect notResized_20211108_071345.jpeg one breath, dropped in her tracks. Nice two year old. A real adrenaline rush after three days af seeing a fair about of cows and endless bulls too be able to fill my tag.

Atta boy john!! Show that girl who the boss Was!!!!

Well it took me until the morning of the last day of a four day hunt to tag out, thank god, I hate tag soup. My friend Greg tagged out on the second day and he got a huge cow, everyone in the cleaning Shed thought it was a big bull, nope big cow. Mine came about 7 AM today, we first saw the small heard at about 300 yards but they went into the brush and did not reappear until they got up the hill and came out from behind juniper and made the mistake of stopping. They turned and look at us but did not move except one turned and gave me a perfect broadside, we ranged it at 460 yards and I let fly 180 gr. of Barnes TSX BT out of my 300 Winmag, lights out, she never took one step and, I suspect notView attachment 52009 one breath, dropped in her tracks. Nice two year old. A real adrenaline rush after three days af seeing a fair about of cows and endless bulls too be able to fill my tag.
looking good ol man, nice work. love that elk steak

Congrats!
Murph got it done for you guys.
Nice meeting you both.

YORT
Back at ya, did you guys fill all your tags. last I heard u had one left. Nice finally meeting some of the guys who have only been a name on a outdoors forum.

Yes, it has been quite awhile.
Kind of got sidelined for a bit.

Anyways GUNDOGLOVER4, My niece only made it out in the field for an hour on the last morning. She missed a long shot, so we ended up short of filling a tag.
But, I think we filled the freezers.;)
YORT

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu