NWTF meeting for march 24

Stevo...i expect nothing but gobblers down!!! Get some!!

Matty,

This is all Stefanie & Jacob...If there's a "Long" left after they're done, maybe the old man will get a shot...:blush:

Utah & New Mexico are calling my name... ;)

ps...Just found out San Carlos Indian Rez is canceling their season...Obviously, not going there now.

Last edited:
Reactions: HATCHET1
I think anyone that goes out and makes contact physically with any aspect of the public other puts everyone else at risk. Gas pump handles and convience store doors can carry this virus as well as aerosol between two people. Going to a private place and encountering these things along the way thinking its safe and encountering these possibilities leads to the possibilty that the virus spreads itself and it sustains the length of time that quartine will be required. No one is above what the goverment regardless of your affilation party wise as to what they are asking us to do. Two to four weeks is all we need to stop this. All of you that ignore this put the rest of us at more loss of income because of quartine time required and those with health compromised conditions by age or it passing from one to another risk death to yourselves and the rest of us. There will be another turkey season next year..
I'm convinced, maybe a good opportunity to read books about famous hunters like Teddy Roosevelt

I think anyone that goes out and makes contact physically with any aspect of the public other puts everyone else at risk. Gas pump handles and convience store doors can carry this virus as well as aerosol between two people. Going to a private place and encountering these things along the way thinking its safe and encountering these possibilities leads to the possibilty that the virus spreads itself and it sustains the length of time that quartine will be required. No one is above what the goverment regardless of your affilation party wise as to what they are asking us to do. Two to four weeks is all we need to stop this. All of you that ignore this put the rest of us at more loss of income because of quartine time required and those with health compromised conditions by age or it passing from one to another risk death to yourselves and the rest of us. There will be another turkey season next year..
hey why are you bumming everyone out? save the sorry ass attitude for your family haha
I'm just trying to practice social distancing in the woods!

PS I got a camping permit, local DFG offices are still approving permits.

Good luck everyone!

hey why are you bumming everyone out? save the sorry ass attitude for your family haha
I'm just trying to practice social distancing in the woods!

PS I got a camping permit, local DFG offices are still approving permits.

Good luck everyone!
Good luck with that. Watch what happens the next few weeks to California and the rest of the nation and then maybe you will understand what I said.

I don't care to challenge either one of you as far as knowledge goes because I don't care about you in any way but I will invite you to respond and report to us as to what is about to happen to the general population and you in the cities in the next few weeks and be honest about how it went. I hope both of you don't have families to care for and stress over it, because it will come and live in urban environments and you will obliged to go to work the next two months. I hope you can keep yourself safe. I'm guessing you are both young and will hopefully figure out that this is different than anything else you have seen it sure is for me being sixty plus years old. Nothing like this has happened in the past one hundred years and if you don't study history you are subject to what it deals you. I hope you are right but I can assure from what science say's it will get far worse before it gets better. Good luck..

Normally I wouldn’t engage on such an emotional and irrational subject, but…

SC, you are correct. Things are going to get very, very bad in the coming weeks, and possibly month(s). I do not believe anyone would debate that.
All of us will know indirect and/or direct tragedy as a result. This story was written before this virus even landed on our shores…

The quarantine is not meant to “stop this” as you state. The quarantine / shelter in place purpose is to delay and spread out the inevitable impact of the virus and allow our healthcare system to ramp up and prepare for the certain onslaught they will be faced with. Additional opportunity is to allow for a possibly vaccine to be developed, but in my humble but uneducated opinion, the impact of a potential vaccine will be negligible when we look at the scale of the problem. Millions will still be infected, tens of thousands + will still die.

What I do have a difference of perspective on, is the judgement and blaming of others and correlating their activities to an impact to me, or in your case, to you, your wife, or others being impacted because of it. The quarantine is in place for a portion of the population. Healthcare, Restaurants, Public Safety, National Guard, Logistics (UPS, Fedex, USPS, etc..) Distribution, etc… are still operating. Are they all to blame for what happens to our families as well? The virus is out there, it will spread, that ship has sailed.

In this situation, I tend to focus on what I can control and my responsibility therein, and it is not because of the grocery clerk at Stater Bro’s, or the waitress at the Café, or the biker at the biker bar, or….. It is because I did NOT take care of my responsibility. Any activity should be done using common sense, social distancing, understanding all public surfaces are suspect, washing hands, sanitizing, etc…

Of far greater concern to me right now is the impact to America’s financial stability and our ability to dig out of the chasm we are creating.
Save that for another thread from another person, but we HAVE TO get back to work as a nation!

Work is going to be disrupted regardless unfortunately. A bunch of severely sick and dead isn't exactly good for the economy either. Do what you can to protect yourself and others physically and economically cause this is going to be a bumpy ride. I've planted a garden again this year and I'll be out hunting since I'll be having the spare time apparently . I can use a glove or sanitizer at the gas pump. This is getting real real quick.

Reactions: Littlmama
Life is short way to short. When your card is pulled there is nothing you can do about it life will go on. My asthma is horrible and if this is as bad as they say it will jack me up bad but I’m not going to live in fear and worry about the sky falling I’m going to enjoy every day doing what I love like it’s my last

Normally I wouldn’t engage on such an emotional and irrational subject, but…

SC, you are correct. Things are going to get very, very bad in the coming weeks, and possibly month(s). I do not believe anyone would debate that.
All of us will know indirect and/or direct tragedy as a result. This story was written before this virus even landed on our shores…

The quarantine is not meant to “stop this” as you state. The quarantine / shelter in place purpose is to delay and spread out the inevitable impact of the virus and allow our healthcare system to ramp up and prepare for the certain onslaught they will be faced with. Additional opportunity is to allow for a possibly vaccine to be developed, but in my humble but uneducated opinion, the impact of a potential vaccine will be negligible when we look at the scale of the problem. Millions will still be infected, tens of thousands + will still die.

What I do have a difference of perspective on, is the judgement and blaming of others and correlating their activities to an impact to me, or in your case, to you, your wife, or others being impacted because of it. The quarantine is in place for a portion of the population. Healthcare, Restaurants, Public Safety, National Guard, Logistics (UPS, Fedex, USPS, etc..) Distribution, etc… are still operating. Are they all to blame for what happens to our families as well? The virus is out there, it will spread, that ship has sailed.

In this situation, I tend to focus on what I can control and my responsibility therein, and it is not because of the grocery clerk at Stater Bro’s, or the waitress at the Café, or the biker at the biker bar, or….. It is because I did NOT take care of my responsibility. Any activity should be done using common sense, social distancing, understanding all public surfaces are suspect, washing hands, sanitizing, etc…

Of far greater concern to me right now is the impact to America’s financial stability and our ability to dig out of the chasm we are creating.
Save that for another thread from another person, but we HAVE TO get back to work as a nation!
Amen, Robert. On a different subject I found a really nice IIIPA from Alesmith.
20200327_165506.jpg

Quick question if we purchased our NWTF membership at the Turkey Tune up are we suppose to get an email about a log in or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sdhunt17
Quick question if we purchased our NWTF membership at the Turkey Tune up are we suppose to get an email about a log in or something?

Good call Matt... @MAG 1 isn't there an email NWTF usually sends out with a virtual membership card or something? I've been getting my Turkey Country mag like usual but I thought they usually send you a notice that your membership's been re-upped?

Good call Matt... @MAG 1 isn't there an email NWTF usually sends out with a virtual membership card or something? I've been getting my Turkey Country mag like usual but I thought they usually send you a notice that your membership's been re-upped?

I just received a notice saying that I needed to renew my membership...With so much going on, I'm guessing everything will be a little late.

most of those emails are going to spam. so check your spam. I got one soon after I signed up at the tune up saying I should be getting a welcome packet in 3 to 6 weeks.

I have not recieved a welcome pack/email anything either. Ill recheck my spam.

Remember places are shut down or on half staff due to the virus. Your not lost , I'm sure they will get it out to you as soon as they can.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu