NWTF Spring Turkey Tune-Up.......2016

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
The San Diego chapter of the National Wild Turkey Federation is again having their annual Spring Turkey Tune-up at San Vicente Reservoir.....Includes, vendors, expert callers, CNF personnel, DFW wardens, and drawing for hunts at Lake Sutherland.

I will be manning the San Diego Fish & Wildlife Commissioners booth again this year. I will have plenty of turkey stuff to check out.

We will also have maps of the Cleveland there. Along with people to explain where turkeys have been seen or taken.

See you out there.

Steve

ps......Monies generated from this event is what affords us the opportunity to have our Santa Ysabel Preserve youth hunts and JAKES Day at the Range......Thanks in advance to all of you that attend.

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    594.1 KB · Views: 57
  • turkey tune-up  2011 001.old.JPG
    turkey tune-up 2011 001.old.JPG
    237.9 KB · Views: 54
  • turkey tune-up 2012 011.JPG
    turkey tune-up 2012 011.JPG
    667.9 KB · Views: 55
  • turkey tune-up 2012 007.JPG
    turkey tune-up 2012 007.JPG
    323.3 KB · Views: 58
  • turkey tune-up 2012 003.JPG
    turkey tune-up 2012 003.JPG
    589.9 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_6235.JPG
    IMG_6235.JPG
    758 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_6242.JPG
    IMG_6242.JPG
    682.7 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCF0606.JPG
    DSCF0606.JPG
    929.7 KB · Views: 62
  • DSCF0605.JPG
    DSCF0605.JPG
    890.2 KB · Views: 56
Dang wish I could go that is the same weekend as the AZ Javelina opener. Javelina is only open for a few days. Great event went last year had a great time hanging out with you guys. Highly recommended for kids mine had a blast last year.

Hey guys,

I just signed up with the NWTF online, but unfortunately, can't make this event. Are there any other events like this before spring hunting starts in late March? I'm new to turkey hunting and need all the help I can get ???

2dogs1name said:
Hey guys,

I just signed up with the NWTF online, but unfortunately, can't make this event. Are there any other events like this before spring hunting starts in late March? I'm new to turkey hunting and need all the help I can get ???

Don't know of any.....I did do a seminar at Turner's & Bass Pro last year, but neither have said anything about one this year.....Sorry to hear you're missing it. Great info for all hunting really here in SD Co.

ilovesprig said:
Don't know of any.....I did do a seminar at Turner's & Bass Pro last year, but neither have said anything about one this year.....Sorry to hear you're missing it. Great info for all hunting really here in SD Co.

I would love it if you did a seminar...why aren't they calling you I wonder? Bass Pro has that classroom and everything! Not to mention their spring turkey catalog just came out...timing is perfect.

2dogs1name said:
ilovesprig said:

I would love it if you did a seminar...why aren't they calling you I wonder? Bass Pro has that classroom and everything! Not to mention their spring turkey catalog just came out...timing is perfect.

Just not enough turkey hunters up that way is my guess...We had a good turnout at Turners.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu