Ok Turkey Hunters....

I posted this with you in mind.... You are a turkey murdering machine.... I seen the pics.... I seen the stories... I figured you would be up for the challenge..

You know, I've never really wanted a challenge when it comes to killin' stuff...I want the most efficient weapon I can use...I use a 20 gauge (TSS) or a .243 (soon to be a 6.5 CM) because they're lighter and just easier to shoot in my old age... ;)

Steve ! a 6.5 ? did the 243 not get it done ? Are you going long range on us ? no need to change. Tell me ain't so...

Fred,

It ain't so...I hunt deer like I got a stick & string in my hand...I just wasn't happy last year with the .243 and 85 gr copper...My buck went about 60 yds after going straight down and Stefanie's buck went 250 after being shot thru the heart...I thought 6.5 was a good compromise for Stef (low recoil, but a 120 gr bullet) and for me on antelope in Montana.

ps...I could of just shot my .270 or 30-06...Wanted to get Stef a new rifle... :blush:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu