Oklahoma adventure (pic heavy)

And more props to OnX. I used it in OK to identify ownership of properties with fishy looking ponds. Also, I found crusher pits along the turnpike on land owned by Oklahoma Transportation Authority. Un-fenced, un-posted , owned by the state. This one was only about two acres in size and I would not have known it was there without OnX. Walked in and a caught a 4 lb bass on a spinnerbait.
DB7140E5-C348-47C9-8F61-B478719860BC.png

Those SPRO rats are awesome for being a production bait. They came out at a time that rats were very popular around 5 years ago or so. Rat surface baits have been used for a long time.

Really cool that you got to use ONX in OK to find ponds.

.20150530_093527.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: WaterDawg
Looks like a great trip
o.png
o.png

Reactions: WaterDawg
For sure Steve. It’s the wake, the wiggle, and the knocking sound. The bright colors are for catching the fisherman buying lures.

That is true in some instances. I feel like colors of baits do matter for fishing.

Morning dawn (florescent pink with purplish blue) is a very popular color for So Cal fishing. It seems to fish well in clear water reservoirs when the sun is shining. I would never throw that color rat if it was overcast. I would have switched to brown or black for better contrast.

That is true in some instances. I feel like colors of baits do matter for fishing.

Morning dawn (florescent pink with purplish blue) is a very popular color for So Cal fishing. It seems to fish well in clear water reservoirs when the sun is shining. I would never throw that color rat if it was overcast. I would have switched to brown or black for better contrast.
Yeah, finesse fishing is a different deal. Color really matters. With reaction baits much less so. For all of the different colors of topwater baits most have a white bottom and that’s probably all the bass sees.

I have been all over Lake Latonka, Thunderbird, Keystone, and Texoma. Love the outdoors in OK. I have trot line and rods I leave out there to use when I go back. That way just have to carry on my reels and not check the rods.

Couple of Vintage lures of mice, love throwing vintage lures, keeps it interesting.

I have been all over Lake Latonka, Thunderbird, Keystone, and Texoma. Love the outdoors in OK. I have trot line and rods I leave out there to use when I go back. That way just have to carry on my reels and not check the rods.

Couple of Vintage lures of mice, love throwing vintage lures, keeps it interesting.

View attachment 39298
Those are super cool. I didn’t know rodent baits had been around that long.

View attachment 39298

TL,

We need to talk...I've been collecting old lures since I was a little kid....I have a lot of mouse lures, including those two by Shakespeare & Heddon….Very cool.

TL,

We need to talk...I've been collecting old lures since I was a little kid....I have a lot of mouse lures, including those two by Shakespeare & Heddon….Very cool.

I have been wanting to get out to the NWTF meetings to connect but I work on Tuesday evenings, Whens the next one, i will put in for a day off. Are they third Tuesdays of the month?

I have been wanting to get out to the NWTF meetings to connect but I work on Tuesday evenings, Whens the next one, i will put in for a day off. Are they third Tuesdays of the month?

They’re the 4th Tuesday of the month at Kaminski’s in Poway. Start time 6:30 pm

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu