OLD ONE EYE!

Great buck! Congrats. Did you post a video of him on IG a few weeks ago?

Old man fo sure!! Way to put him to rest!!!

Thats funny. Way to be a conservationist and give back to 16!! It was definitely his time.

Old school iron site rifle, kinda looks like an 03 Springfield but not so much, what is it ?) and state of the art personal gear, cool....
It is an old Springfield...... first Rifle I purchased when I was 18.... 20 years ago.... the guy said it was the rifle used in the tower on saving Private Ryan.... Sold! Lol the thing is heavy as hell but it is still the most accurate rifle I have. I keep it in my jeep during season just in case I see the Big One and its going to be a tough shot... once I spotted this guy.... went back to the jeep and swapped rifles for “ Old Faithful “

Last edited:
Having the jeep close on a road is ckearly a game changer!! Strong work for sure!

It is an old Springfield...... first Rifle I purchased when I was 18.... 30 years ago.... the guy said it was the rifle used in the tower on saving Private Ryan.... Sold! Lol the thing is heavy as hell but it is still the most accurate rifle I have. I keep it in my jeep during season just in case I see the Big One and its going to be a tough shot... once I spotted this guy.... went back to the jeep and swapped rifles for “ Old Faithful “
Who knows if that is true but still good on you , you must have good eyes and the gun must be true to aim.

Who knows if that is true but still good on you , you must have good eyes and the gun must be true to aim.
Fred there is a scope on that rifle it just blends into his pack. Look again. I thought the same thing at first.
Bitchen rifle. When everyone came back from WW2 it was the go to deer rifle. That cartridge has killed more game than any other.

Reactions: ilovesprig
Fred there is a scope on that rifle it just blends into his pack. Look again. I thought the same thing at first.
Bitchen rifle. When everyone came back from WW2 it was the go to deer rifle. That cartridge has killed more game than any other.
I didnt catch that..... it does have iron sights but it has a scope on it for sure! It was a little under 300 yd shot in the wind..... I sat on that rifle ready to shoot for 2hrs. He kept getting up and bedding. Had to wait for the wind to due down and him standing and broad side all at the same time. Was the longest 2hrs seemed like a bad dream lol

Reactions: TheGDog and TRICER

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu